• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What new places have you skied this year?

Tin

It sounds like we have sort of a plan in the "Magic question" thread, but if any 1st timers want a tour, let me know. I'll be there Thursday night starting my skiing Friday morning right through Sunday.

Another AZ meet up. Looking at these 30mph+ winds Friday we might be there all three days.

Tin

Thanks but we got a good deal at the Arcady at Sunderland place. Surprised to see a couple places nearby have no rooms.

elks

Ax 3 Domaines, France
Mt. Hood Meadows, OR
Otis Ridge, MA (almost in the same league as the other two.)

RustyGroomer

Ok, I guess with the snow being so good, places are filled up. If anyone does, i'll try to help. I guess I should go back to a Magic thread. Got sidetracked here I guess. Whoops...

Last edited:

dlague

Dartmouth Skiway 12/29
Suicide Six 2/8
Stowe 2/14
Magic 2/15

Hoping to Add MRG and Cannon!

sf77

Stratton was new for me this year. They've got some good glades when we get fresh powder. I really like their Sunbowl area too. They need to improve their gondola cars though!

medfordmike

Wildcat, Ragged, Cannon, and Bretton Woods. I know Wildcat has had some challenges this year but I really liked it. Cannon is a new favorite and if I get up there Saturday it will be my fourth time there this year. Bretton and Ragged were nice but probably not at the top of my list but I am glad I experienced them. I got back to Pico after a ten year break. My visit made me promise myself that I won't let the next gap be nearly so long.

wakenbacon

Sunapee & Cranmore. Both smaller pow days, but trees werent really in, so meh. Not planning on going back to either anytime soon.

drjeff

Stratton was new for me this year. They've got some good glades when we get fresh powder. I really like their Sunbowl area too. They need to improve their gondola cars though!

They are going to replace the gondola cars this summer! After about 25yrs of service, those things need to be retired!! Plus they weren't exactly CWA's (the gondola car manufacturer - the motor, towers, etc were made by Poma) greatest gondola cabin design ever ;-)

skiNEwhere

They are going to replace the gondola cars this summer! After about 25yrs of service, those things need to be retired!! Plus they weren't exactly CWA's (the gondola car manufacturer - the motor, towers, etc were made by Poma) greatest gondola cabin design ever ;-)

I've been to pretty much all of the major ski areas in the north east except for Stratton, cannon, magic and smugs.

Might come back in a couple weeks, if so I'm gonna knock out magic and Stratton

ScottySkis

Canno great mountain 2 nd time their ever but this time snow and not brown was on the hill. Sugarloaf very big . Catakount nice easy to get to local hill. My favorite of the 3 is Cannon probably top 5 east coast hill for me.

Bene288

The Loaf, Jay, Kirkwood and Heavenly.

Speaking of, the East Coast is well represented in Nevada!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394579700.207585.jpg

Was happy to see the lower right corner.

Edd

Shawnee Peak, Copper, A-Basin. Not done yet.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

xlr8r

Nowhere new for me this year, but I did get back to Gunstock for the first time in 8 years, and got to Stratton for the first time with the majority of its trails open.

Hopefully next year I'll make it to some new places like
Magic
Black NH
Stowe
MRG

snowngr

Suicide Six was new for me this year. Tough getting into downtown Woodstock and realizing how close you are to Killington, but is was a nice day for skiing for $10.

jgh1980

Gore Mountain- still on a high from my trip. Great runs for an intermediate skier like me.