• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

AdironRider

Is a bit complicated? It is pretty cut and dry, they are inept, and you homers keep giving them money to blow.

Are they giving you guys blow jobs or something at these work days?

Sorcerer

WTF?

View attachment 17245

whenever I see a screwed up flag I'm going to refer to it as a Billski. Like Banksy, but worthless.

It's really sad when someone - here billski - tries to do a good deed and gets crucified for doing it. It's not his fault that the ropes on the poles were screwed up and getting them fixed is no easy matter- unless you can provide the bucket truck.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is a bit complicated? It is pretty cut and dry, they are inept, and you homers keep giving them money to blow.

Are they giving you guys blow jobs or something at these work days?

It's pretty obvious that those who ski there would rather put up with the inept management they have and keep its old school feel than have someone with big bucks come in and turn the place into another southern VT McSkiarea.

The people bitching the most about the place in this thread are like yourself, not Magic customers. Why do you care what Magic fans spend their money on?

steamboat1

It's really sad when someone - here billski - tries to do a good deed and gets crucified for doing it. It's not his fault that the ropes on the poles were screwed up and getting them fixed is no easy matter- unless you can provide the bucket truck.
What's so hard about changing a clothes line?

Jeeze!

Kudos to billski, not his fault these magicians can't figure out how to change a clothes line.

vonski

skithetrees

MMP

Crucified? Let's not get hysterical.

What's so hard about changing a clothes line?

Jeeze!

Kudos to billski, not his fault these magicians can't figure out how to change a clothes line.

Again, for the 5th time (since you're slow); you have a sense of entitlement that allows the type of thinking that has magic diverting their limited resources for a project that was undertaken by someone that however well intentioned, did not follow through. You want flags? Pay to have the poles fixed. Don't act like magic is at fault for not being able to fix poles,or have a bucket truck hired, or in any way should be on the hook for these flags.

And flying a Swiss flag (nazi sympathizers)is offensive. So fuck off.

Do Work

Actually there's been talk on other sites whether to buy a pass now or not by the Magic faithful. Seems to be a question of not only will it open or not this season but who's going to own it. Legitimate questions I think.

Current owner did stiff those who thought monies they put in were some type of coop. Who's to say they wouldn't do it again? Maybe some of you can kick in $200 each to fix the grips on the black chair. Heard they ain't swinging to well. Heck it was only $200 a chair to paint the red.

Sad.

Now that's shitting on the place. Well deserved I think.

This cracks me up. High-handed speculation that snowballs itself into even bigger speculation on the part of the assuming party is my favorite kind. I'd step in and set you straight on your MASSIVE assumptions and grandeur-related butthurt here but it's just too much fun to watch you do the proverbial "backseat wedge down Black Magic" haha... Watch out though man, there's at least two mandatory airs ahead of you ;-)

BTW, it was only $100 per chair for Red and that was "highly publicized". That would be an indicator to most normal people that they don't really know what they're talking about but I digress... Carry on :flag:

Good to see some familiar faces on this side of the interwebz though. Thanks to Rourke for sending me the link to this thread, I likely would have never seen it. Having shared some insight and some very encouraging phone calls with pertinent parties, I'm extremely excited at this new Management team and their overall mission. I will be up there this weekend so I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty again and of course enjoying the requisite cold ones on the deck.

MMP

WWGBD? Put his flag up, or wait for the government to do it? (Ok, maybe that wasn't the best example )ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438870945.356112.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438870963.930797.jpg

MMP

This cracks me up. High-handed speculation that snowballs itself into even bigger speculation on the part of the assuming party is my favorite kind. I'd step in and set you straight on your MASSIVE assumptions and grandeur-related butthurt here but it's just too much fun to watch you do the proverbial "backseat wedge down Black Magic" haha... Watch out though man, there's at least two mandatory airs ahead of you ;-)

BTW, it was only $100 per chair for Red and that was "highly publicized". That would be an indicator to most normal people that they don't really know what they're talking about but I digress... Carry on :flag:

Good to see some familiar faces on this side of the interwebz though. Thanks to Rourke for sending me the link to this thread, I likely would have never seen it. Having shared some insight and some very encouraging phone calls with pertinent parties, I'm extremely excited at this new Management team and their overall mission. I will be up there this weekend so I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty again and of course enjoying the requisite cold ones on the deck.

Split a bucket truck?

Savemeasammy

Crucified? Let's not get hysterical.

Again, for the 5th time (since you're slow); you have a sense of entitlement that allows the type of thinking that has magic diverting their limited resources for a project that was undertaken by someone that however well intentioned, did not follow through. You want flags? Pay to have the poles fixed. Don't act like magic is at fault for not being able to fix poles,or have a bucket truck hired, or in any way should be on the hook for these flags.

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

Having shared some insight and some very encouraging phone calls with pertinent parties, I'm extremely excited at this new Management team and their overall mission.

So when will there be a public release of said mission?