• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Do Work

So when will there be a public release of said mission?

I wish I knew! Legality and paperwork stuff is about as far from my area of expertise as humanly possible. I run far and fast from any lawyer-type things. I'm just here to keep fixing stuff, clean trees and maybe save a broken person or two. :daffy: :spread: :beer:

MMP

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438964108.679406.jpg

Do work, will the flagpoles be on the work day agenda. That would shut me right up. Winky.

Sorcerer

I wish I knew! Legality and paperwork stuff is about as far from my area of expertise as humanly possible. I run far and fast from any lawyer-type things. I'm just here to keep fixing stuff, clean trees and maybe save a broken person or two. :daffy: :spread: :beer:

Is is this a done deal or are they still negotiating? I heard there was a hold out who didn't want to sell...

Do Work

Is is this a done deal or are they still negotiating? I heard there was a hold out who didn't want to sell...

Like I said before, I am not a lawyer and I'm not directly involved in the deal so I could only speculate and I don't want to do that for fear of passing along incorrect information. All I know is that there is a veritable blizzard of work being done in anticipation of a switch over in ownership and some staffing. Lots of small things that would add up to a big overall impact should be happening for this season- and I've heard talk of a few big things in the works as well, but we will see if/when they happen. I'm extremely optimistic though, and especially in terms of Patrol, Ski School, Snowmaking and Lifts.

Just wax the skis up and be ready for a banger season, my man. If your location is true then you are in for a great season- and more than likely some of Miss Tammy's french toast muffins too.

I can almost smell the pow slayage now!

MadMadWorld

Like I said before, I am not a lawyer and I'm not directly involved in the deal so I could only speculate and I don't want to do that for fear of passing along incorrect information. All I know is that there is a veritable blizzard of work being done in anticipation of a switch over in ownership and some staffing. Lots of small things that would add up to a big overall impact should be happening for this season- and I've heard talk of a few big things in the works as well, but we will see if/when they happen. I'm extremely optimistic though, and especially in terms of Patrol, Ski School, Snowmaking and Lifts.

Just wax the skis up and be ready for a banger season, my man. If your location is true then you are in for a great season- and more than likely some of Miss Tammy's french toast muffins too.

Please say there is someone else in charge of patrol....

Domeskier

I had the urge to take some flag pole photos this weekend. I need to stop reading this thread.

prsboogie

I can feel the chill now, nice stoke DW!

SkiingInABlueDream

What's the deal with Black Magic? I went to ski it from the top of black chair once last winter and a patroller in the shack immediately yelled for me to stop. I turned around, engaged in conversation and was told by the guy that it's permanently closed above Black Line, by the state of VT, due to the chairs being too close to the ground.

BM was not roped off, black chair was not running, and coverage was pretty thick that day.

Is BM really permanently closed or is this another example of ski patrol antics ppl are complaining about and hopefully will change?

Last edited:

slatham

I think that patrol went too far when the VT tram dept said "No Black this year". So patrol closed everything with the word "Black" in it. They then butchered the "black n white cookies" in the lodge, and had all the "Black Amber" beer removed from BLT. They even told Chris to not accept orders for a Black and Tan. Luckily they didn't realize the BLT is actually called the Black Line Tavern or they would have shut that too! (Not sure why they thought it was named after a sandwich).

Power mongers, at Magic no less......

Do Work

What's the deal with Black Magic? I went to ski it from the top of black chair once last winter and a patroller in the shack immediately yelled for me to stop. I turned around, engaged in conversation and was told by the guy that it's permanently closed above Black Line, by the state of VT, due to the chairs being too close to the ground.

BM was not roped off, black chair was not running, and coverage was pretty thick that day.

Is BM really permanently closed or is this another example of ski patrol antics ppl are complaining about and hopefully will change?

I am not positive on that tbh, I've heard the same about the state tramway authority closing it a la uppermost Red but I feel as though there may be options. Also if it wasn't running at the time, they're pretty much blowing smoke up your ass- there was a lot of that happening with patrol this year and nobody liked it. Management, skiers and coaches included... Hence the eagerness to fix the situation.

My only major request at the BLT next year is for them to actually offer a goddam BLT haha.

Rusty, I am seriously chomping at the bit... Everyday I walk past my skis and give them a nod, a wink and a loving caress. I might even whisper "soon" to them if the wife isn't in the room.

Savemeasammy

Everyday I walk past my skis and give them a nod, a wink and a loving caress. I might even whisper "soon" to them if the wife isn't in the room.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

makimono

My only major request at the BLT next year is for them to actually offer a goddam BLT haha.

Mmmm....I'd like to see crispy bacon strips be a full time addition to the Sunday morning bloody mary bar...heck I'd even donate the bacon but I wouldn't want to put the BLT staff through all that extra expense and work of finding a bucket to put it in. :p