• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

yeggous

I agree. We stayed there last year and skied Magic. It was great and there was lots of open terrain. We did end up ducking some ropes because ski patrol had beautiful trails roped off for no apparent reason. This year I just can't see skiing one or two trails at this time of year.

Do Work

If Magic is decent, i'll let you know here. We had a great time last weekend. All to ourselves sadly. I get it but seems silly to be staying right there & not give it a possibility.

Yeah with no race planned and the Sunshine option opened, the grooming should stay ridiculously good all day. If we get even an inch or two as Slatham was alluding to, things would be exponentially more fun too.

That said, free is free! :beer:

You should definitely come to the bar for a drink though, it's always good to put a face with the persona.

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
Yeah with no race planned and the Sunshine option opened, the grooming should stay ridiculously good all day. If we get even an inch or two as Slatham was alluding to, things would be exponentially more fun too.

That said, free is free! :beer:

You should definitely come to the bar for a drink though, it's always good to put a face with the persona.

There's a U10 "duel" slalom on the calendar for Saturday which I thought was still happening. That said, if they are able to get sunshine corner open and the "through the woods" route, the skiing will be greatly improved with two options the whole way down. Trick has great coverage, but can only handle so much traffic at once, and the less experienced folks will be grateful to not have to go down Trick with a bunch of 9 year old race kids.

Looking forward to this weekend already!

drjeff

There's a U10 "duel" slalom on the calendar for Saturday which I thought was still happening. That said, if they are able to get sunshine corner open and the "through the woods" route, the skiing will be greatly improved with two options the whole way down. Trick has great coverage, but can only handle so much traffic at once, and the less experienced folks will be grateful to not have to go down Trick with a bunch of 9 year old race kids.

The So VT Council start list for the U10's this year has about 100 athletes (not all will be at every race) - The way historically Magic runs their dual races, all runs for the kids should be done by 12/12:30 - the majority of the kids and their spectator parents won't ski much, if at all, outside of their race runs. Having been through many races at Magic before with my kids, once the initial "get all the kids/coaches/parents that are skiing" up the Red for their 1st run wave gets sorted out, the line for the Red for the rest of the day typically won't be more than a couple of chairs - might be a 5 to 10 minute wait at opening bell to get everyone up the hill though

Expect the lodge to be a bit crowded with all the kids, coaches and parents using it, at least until awards are done, which is typically by 2 at the latest

Do Work

Ah, you're right. My bad. Skimmed right over that. I may end up going a day early and skiing Friday too if anybody is going to be up.

drjeff

So is there a confirmed race Saturday?

The race is on (at least on the Vermont Alpine Racing Association calendar as well as the weekly update I get for all age groups from the Mount Snow Alpine Competition Program) for SUNDAY

drjeff

The race is on (at least on the Vermont Alpine Racing Association calendar as well as the weekly update I get for all age groups from the Mount Snow Alpine Competition Program) for SUNDAY

An update just came through for my kids race program, they had initially listed the Magic race as for Sunday but they just "corrected" it for SATURDAY

RustyGroomer

Hoping to see someone for afternoon lapz today. Way after noon but i'm thinking if all goes well I'll ski a few. Pencil me in for 3 or so.

slatham

I was hoping to get up there but my youngest woke us up this AM with a violent stomach flu! Between my kids health, activities and the f'ing weather, my ski season thus far has been decimated. I am hoping for the ultimate Feb/March(April?) pay back. Hope springs eternal.......

Newpylong

At the rate at which most places rapidly expanded I think you're going to see plenty of thin spots and trail closures all over following this week.

yeggous

Who is going to be at the bar at Magic or Upper Pass Lodge tonight or tomorrow? We'll be heading up this evening.

RustyGroomer

i'm sure we'll meander over to the lodge @ some point later. 1st skiing. See you guys in a few hours.

yeggous, ask a bartender to point Greg out. They don't know me as Rusty. Well maybe they do.

JamaicaMan

Be better if you came today so could have them all to myself...ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1454095085.982286.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone