• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

Snowboarding was fun today. Finally rode the lift more than a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

Snowboarding was fun today. Finally rode the lift more than a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
We skied Bromley today. Standard machine groomed frozen granular conditions.

On the way back my wife made me stop at some artificially nice country store. Some women asked me if it was my truck outside. I was stunned when she proceeded to lecture me about how Vermont has a no idling law. Then a guy next to her joins in and says its for global warming reasons and trucks use as much fuel idling as driving. I was so stunned I couldn't think of anything witty to say. It was like a scene from that Netflix skit series Portlandia.

Back to topic though...

We're in the Upper Pass Lodge getting ready for dinner right now. We're planning to head over to the Black Line Tavern for drinks later.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

zoomzoom

according to statute, you can idle your vehicle for 5 minutes (in any 60 minute time period), or as needed for safety equipment such as defrosters. keep that in mind if turned in by some "vegetable lasagna" type.
: )

http://www.leg.state.vt.us/docs/2014/Acts/ACT057.pdf

( see pages 30 - 37 )

if reported by the country store owner, ticketed by the constable if he happens to be around and you want to wait, adjudicated as being in volation, you may be fined $10.

Last edited:

drjeff

One of my friends, who's 9yr old raced at Magic on Saturday, said that the snow surface was as good as he's been skiing on at the Hermitage Club, where he's a member (even though he and his wife ski 2 to 3 times more days at Mount Snow every season and their kid races for Mount Snow), so while it may have taken a while for the Magic Mtn Ops team to get it going this season, they've got a quality product out there now!!

zoomzoom

skied last thursday - will be back many thursdays if conditions merit

skied there last thurs, excellant!

pre-season contortions aside, everything there was better than i had hoped for. first, the grooming was as good as you can get anywhere with no lumpy/icy surprises - consistancy is the word. ops were friendly, ski patrol on-site, load/unload ramps perfect, ticket seller nice, bathrooms/lodge spotless, un-torn seat pads, paint on the carriers still holding up.

spent the first few runs on wand/hocus-pocus, then spent the rest of the day alternating with trick/show-off. there were only 4 other folks on the slopes (which was good and bad i suppose).

if next wed event doesn't kill it, i'll be there next thursday too. think :snow:

pics taken mid-day.

Attachments

• magic1.16.jpg
    magic1.16.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 162
  • magic1.16.2.jpg
    magic1.16.2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 161

Smellytele

pre-season contortions aside, everything there was better than i had hoped for. first, the grooming was as good as you can get anywhere with no lumpy/icy surprises - consistancy is the word. ops were friendly, ski patrol on-site, load/unload ramps perfect, ticket seller nice, bathrooms/lodge spotless, un-torn seat pads, paint on the carriers still holding up.

spent the first few runs on wand/hocus-pocus, then spent the rest of the day alternating with trick/show-off. there were only 4 other folks on the slopes (which was good and bad i suppose).

well because they are late to the game they haven't had to thaws and refreezes nor over grooming like others have had being open longer.

Bene288

We skied Bromley today. Standard machine groomed frozen granular conditions.

On the way back my wife made me stop at some artificially nice country store. Some women asked me if it was my truck outside. I was stunned when she proceeded to lecture me about how Vermont has a no idling law. Then a guy next to her joins in and says its for global warming reasons and trucks use as much fuel idling as driving. I was so stunned I couldn't think of anything witty to say. It was like a scene from that Netflix skit series Portlandia.

Back to topic though...

We're in the Upper Pass Lodge getting ready for dinner right now. We're planning to head over to the Black Line Tavern for drinks later.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Funny since you bough a Silverado right ? One of the better 1/2 tons for emissions.. Not like you have an old diesel tuned out with 8" exhaust stacks.. Didn't know Vermont had an idle law.