• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the Best Ski Mountain in ME??

Favorite Maine Ski Mountain?

• Saddleback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday River

• Big Squaw

• Black Mountain

• Shawnee Peak

• Titcomb Hill

• Lost Valley

• Mt. Abram

• Other (explain below)

• Total voters

Charlie Schuessler

I believe I've been to Sunday River more than fifty times since 1986, and Sugarloaf not even half that amount.

However Sugarloaf leaves me breathless...and wanting more! :D

T

trailbiscuit

The Loaf. No contest.

P.S. I worked at the River for 3 years.

bigbog

re: mine's an area, with the Loaf not far behind

#1: Farrar Mtn......... WHAT Mtn.???
...One of those remote areas that is really so ridden with blow-downs it's just 10' at a time :roll: ...and that's with DEEP snow cover...and one obscure trail up.

Mountain with Trails....
Sugarloaf (#1)

Greg

Staff member
Only been to Sugarloaf, but after my visit this past spring, I will say it's my new favorite ski area...

TeleGrrrl

Solon, Maine. Avatar: Mule Skinner, Saddleback, ME
OK, I picked "other"

after being a season pass holder at the Loaf for the last 6 years here's my opinion:

ON a powder day there's no place I'd rather be then skiing the steeps at the Loaf, they definitely got the goods. And I love spring skiing in the snowfields :p

For trees though, Big Squaw and Saddleback get my vote. Squaw has cut 4 new glades in the last 3 years and they are soooo sweet! The only problem is the lift broke last year, so access was limited. I hope they fix it. Saddleback has also groomed some glades and has some steep tree skiing. I like the ambiance at Saddleback too, it has a down to earth telemark feel to it.

I tend to avoid the River after early season. The River is great early season because they pump out the snow, but after about december, it's way too crowded. A nice family hill though.