• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

whats up with these go pro videos

Big Wave Dave

do people actually go home and watch what they skied that day? seems to me like a good way to get a headache.

the fascination that people have with seeing images of themselves never stops amusing me. especially considering how silly you look with a camera strapped to your head.

go pro'ers, defend yourselves!

WWF-VT

90% of GoPro videos are annoying to watch and I agree that you do look stupid with a camera mounted on your helmet

Highway Star

Mark your calendars folks....March 18th, 2014.

.....the day Alpinezone decided Go-Pro videos are lame....

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
My personal favorites are the people with Go-Pros on days with no fresh snow.

Sweet video of you ripping it up on the blue groomer, brah!

dlague

I used to use a GoPro with a chest mount, however, after a season I was no longer really interested since the following season I was capturing the same resorts just on a different day. We did make a home movie which was kind of cool! We resort to pics from our phones now!

dlague

My personal favorites are the people with Go-Pros on days with no fresh snow.

Sweet video of you ripping it up on the blue groomer, brah!

GoPro would go out of business real fast with that narrow definition of use on the East! There are more vids on Youtude of non-powder days!

yeggous

This is why:

That is a video of me getting taken out on Saturday at Cannon at the bottom of the Cannonball Quad. I got hit by a 70-year-old novice. Without GoPros how would I remember the experience?

skiNEwhere

I think they're great. When I ski bumps with someone else we can film each other and at the end of the day I can review the film and critique myself on what I need to adjust

57stevey

It's also good for screen grabs in places where you wouldn't stop to take a still picture.

legalskier

This is why:

That is a video of me getting taken out on Saturday at Cannon at the bottom of the Cannonball Quad. I got hit by a 70-year-old novice. Without GoPros how would I remember the experience?

Yikes :blink:

Well at least you survived to post about it. Almost looks like a movie stunt. Not to mention, your bindings worked perfectly.
Was he ok too?

Last edited:

JDMRoma

Yikes :blink:

Well at least you survived the post about it. Almost looks like a movie stunt. Not to mention, your bindings worked perfectly.
Was he ok too?

ya double double ejection….nice having that on vid !

bobbutts

I sort of get the dashboard cam aspect of it. If something happens, you have a record of it.
I love still and video cameras and never got on board with gopro. I'd like to watch myself more from 3rd person perspective, but not really 1st.

HD333

MAYBE they would be ok to video kids or friends, but the whole POV thing drives me nuts. I'll stick with pulling out my phone to video the kids if I get the urge.

yeggous

ya double double ejection….nice having that on vid !

The other guy at least skied away so that was a good sign. We were very fortunate to eject properly.

I dialed back my DIN from Type III to Type II after getting hit from behind by an out of control teenager last March at Wildcat. In that case one of my skis did not eject and I got an high ankle sprain. I missed skiing altogether for 3 weeks and wasn't able to ski the ungroomed for the remainder of the season. Let that be a lesson to everyone: if you've never pre-released then nothing good comes from being macho and claiming Type III.