• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where are the Bumps in Maine?

machski

gotcha

Only skied out there a few times and crowding / choke points hadn't been an issue. My issue with BB is the return, not the entrance. Would love to see a surface lift or something that brings you back to the base of King Pine. That way you don't have to be worried about cutting left back to KP and could take longer fall line runs without ending up in the condos by accident.

I love how Loafers say the resort makes money now and such. Really? If so, where the hell is the new KP lift (I could care less if it is detach or spillway type) that extends further down the hill to catch BB better? I have no problem hiking in from KP, but I hate the exit and the lifts required if you get too low and miss KP (or when KP doesn't run).

machski

Sunday River is more into the terrain park business than bumps now unfortunately. They currently have a small training course on skiers left of Sunday Punch and I thought the bumps on skiers right of lower risky were pretty nice. Unfortunately, 3D is no longer a bump trail. This year just about full length it will be another terrain park. Heck, Dream Maker is getting a small beginner park on it this week. Cone on natural snow (and lost princess snowmaking with no cat action!(

skiMEbike

Sunday River is more into the terrain park business than bumps now unfortunately. They currently have a small training course on skiers left of Sunday Punch and I thought the bumps on skiers right of lower risky were pretty nice. Unfortunately, 3D is no longer a bump trail. This year just about full length it will be another terrain park. Heck, Dream Maker is getting a small beginner park on it this week. Cone on natural snow (and lost princess snowmaking with no cat action!(

Agree...It's really unfortunate SR does not designate a few more trails to be dedicated bump runs, because they definitely have enough to do it while not upsetting the grooming masses. In my mind, I count 3 truly dedicated bump trails: Agony, Caramba, & Ruby Palace....While I realize they have other bump trails (Shockwave, Downdraft, Oz), they seem to get groomed or partially groomed more than I'd want on a dedicated bump trail.

MadMadWorld

Agree...It's really unfortunate SR does not designate a few more trails to be dedicated bump runs, because they definitely have enough to do it while not upsetting the grooming masses. In my mind, I count 3 truly dedicated bump trails: Agony, Caramba, & Ruby Palace....While I realize they have other bump trails (Shockwave, Downdraft, Oz), they seem to get groomed or partially groomed more than I'd want on a dedicated bump trail.

Those are only bump runs out of necessity

Edd

I wasn't saying that it's difficult to find bumps at SR. It isn't. I just would like them to purposefully set aside and cultivate terrain for intermediate bumping.

jack97

^^ a slight hijack. Bretton Woods has a intermediate trail called aggazzi they let bump up.

Usually I go there for early season family trips. One season, the place had several good storms and the bumps formed real nice. I only did a couple of runs b/c the rest of the crew was not into that type of terrain. Its someplace I would strongly recommend for intermediate bumps.