• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where did you NOT ski this season...

KustyTheKlown

... where you normally do?

i missed smuggs, mount ellen, cannon, bolton, gore, and whiteface.

i'm really glad to get gore and whiteface into the max pass family next year.

the flip side of the max pass is i end up spending days at places like okemo and stratton when i'd want to be at mount ellen or smuggs. but at least it saves some mileage on the car.

deadheadskier

Staff member
VT

Most seasons I get 3-8 days over there, but with a two year old I was in full day trip mode this winter. I stuck to NH except for the AZ Summit. Slight chance I make it to Killington still, but that's dependent on when Wildcat closes.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

yea i missed NH totally. i didn't list loon because its not someplace i tend to hit every year. i went last year for the first time with max pass, and was indifferent towards it. but i always ski a day or two at cannon and was bummed to miss it. i love wildcat but its super far for me, and if i'm going that far its gonna be jay or sunday river/loaf for max pass usage.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The best part about Wildcat is that it's difficult to get to for most people. Least crowded big mountain in New England these days; probably even less crowded than Burke. We are spoiled up there.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

I moved back to Boston after living in Maine the last few years, so 'typically' I was skiing SL, SR, night skiing at Shawnee, BMOM, and Wildcat. This year I missed Sugarloaf, Shawnee, and BMOM. Don't particularly miss Shawnee, but bummed I never made it out to the Loaf and Black.

Upside of all this being I got to hit a few new places to me being a little closer to VT. Hit Burke for the first time and returned to Sugarbush and K for the first time in a few years.

bdfreetuna

Mount Ellen and Bromley got skipped. Luck of the draw mostly.

Was planning on making it to Gore but it never panned out.

There are a lot of different places I plan to get to next year but they're not exactly "regular" places I ski, so, different thread.

BenedictGomez

Stowe and Sugarbush.

Every other place that I normally hit at least once I got to.

Reason for missing the above is that I hit Smuggs and Jay Peak a bit more than normal. The former because people I go with either have passes or can ski cheap there, the latter simply because conditions were better there than most places this season due to weather.

Jcb890

Didn't get to Stowe this year unfortunately since we didn't get the VT Ski 3 (or 5) or do the Ski Club Route this season.
We were also hoping to get to Sunday River and Sugarloaf on the MAX Pass, but doesn't look like either of those is happening.

jimk

I did not get to New England this year. Actually, it's been since spring of 2014. Usually got up there every year or two. With family and a place now to stay in Utah my orientation is west. There were periods this winter when New England was skiing better than out there. As it should be - share the goods!

dlague

I did not get to anything in New England! Actually was hoping for a long weekend but my wife wanted nothing to do with it after last season and the way the weather was swinging back and forth. Also was hoping to head to PC or Tahoe but the season just seemed to accelerate once the new year came around.

snoseek

I didn't ski even One day in Maine which is really not typical. I've only got a couple days in Vermont but am likely headed over to Killington Wednesday and eventually will be on the SS glacier. Really I've just stuck with the Cat most of the winter with some days at Attitash and Crotched peppered in. I've come to really like the no bullshit, close free parking, affordableish beer and lack of vacationers up in Pinkham.

I also didn't take any trips out west and I'm super ok with that. I've had the better part of the last decade out there and plan on returning next October so this year was all about laying low, spending as little as possible (didn't really work much this winter) and keeping up with grades. I have zero regrets with how this season has gone.

darent

never made it too Vermont or New Hampshire this year, we only skied Maine for the second year in a row.

bdfreetuna

I didn't ski even One day in Maine which is really not typical. I've only got a couple days in Vermont but am likely headed over to Killington Wednesday and eventually will be on the SS glacier.

You'll be able to ski a whole lot more than Superstar if you get out there this week.

No Maine for me this year either but my strong hope is that Saddleback reopens for next season, then I'll be making a couple trips up to Sugarloaf/Saddleback next year.

snoseek

You'll be able to ski a whole lot more than Superstar if you get out there this week.

No Maine for me this year either but my strong hope is that Saddleback reopens for next season, then I'll be making a couple trips up to Sugarloaf/Saddleback next year.

For sure I meant eventually I'll be on Superstar providing work doesn't go bonkers in May, which it might.

Yeah I've got a freebie to burn at K and want to get it while stuff is still open so I'm definitely thinking Wednesday as long as the weather isn't total shit