• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go Saturday?

dlague

back 8-9 seasons ago, I spent alot of my w/e at Ragged. The place always had showboat open as well as the sweepstake and birches. I forgot which ones was left natural.

One thing I like about showboat was that ledge near the end of the trail, skier's right, you had to pick up speed to get up there and then you had those moguls at the ledge.... that was a fun trail :)

I generally have seen the skiers right open on Showboat with that short drop but skiers left never gets enough snow which is too bad since there seems to be good terrain there.

I heard they were opening up Ravine which might be a good option!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I generally have seen the skiers right open on Showboat with that short drop but skiers left never gets enough snow which is too bad since there seems to be good terrain there.

I heard they were opening up Ravine which might be a good option!

Think you mean the opposite. Skiers left side of trail is the snowmaking side and what is generally open.

canobie#1

If the ravine opens tomorrow Gunstock and Sunapee will instantly be eliminated for ragged.

drjeff

I wonder how Magic will make out.

A legit 13-15" about 20 miles South at Mount Snow is sitting on my deck right now - maybe a couple less at Magic, but I'm guessing they made out just fine.

Now temp wise, well at just before 7PM when I just parked my car after coming back from dinner, my car thermometer read -9 and there's about a 10-15mph wind and not a cloud in the sky right now :eek: I'm thinking air temps a few either side of -20 will be the case at first chair tomorrow!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

ScottySkis

Were they deliver pizza and take it do no pizza for Dinner tonight . Munchies now . Lasagna from Stofeirs mine Margetreville pizza thieves.