• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go Saturday?

hammer

Plan to go to Ragged on Sunday. Will be first day this season so I didn't care about going anywhere too big or too far away. Hoping for good conditions and for the next event to hold off through the day.

C-Rex

Since Friday is going to be "it's-not-fun-anymore" cold, I'll probably just sit back and read reports all day. Then make a more educated decision Friday night. Mountain Snow is the most probable just because it's a ski club awareness day and it's close to me. Plus, it's still going to be fairly cold Saturday so the bubble lift will be nice.

If I go somewhere else it'll be because they got significantly more snow. Maybe Mount Sunapee since they are saying farther east will get hit harder...

dlague

Saturday is going to be busy everywhere! People will see the new snow and the excitement will not be contained. the RSNE tour stop this week is at Pats Peak on Saturday so we will party there and Sunday we have a boat load of options ranging between comps and 2 fers so we will play the conditions/trails game Saturday night!

Smellytele

Have kid sports stuff Sat so I will not be skiing. Not that anyone cares.

As far as Pats goes. It has been pretty empty over the Christmas break even though it has all trails (not all glades) open. no more than 10 people in line in front of you and most times ski on.

canobie#1

I am debating between Sunapee, Gunstock and Ragged for saturday. How are the crowds at sunapee?

I will prob confirm what place after the storm blows over. Either way, I get a delicious waffle at the waffle cabin!:dunce:

ScottySkis

NY thruway 87 from Albany to NYC and I 84 are closing tonight to tomorrow morning. I think anyone lucky enough to be close to a hill in this area might enjoying untracked powder all day with no one else.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Southern VT is looking like it will come out on top. Berkshires and Catskills looking great as well. I'll be doing Mount Snow Saturday (CT awareness day, would've gone even without snow).

Savemeasammy

Have kid sports stuff Sat so I will not be skiing. Not that anyone cares.

As far as Pats goes. It has been pretty empty over the Christmas break even though it has all trails (not all glades) open. no more than 10 people in line in front of you and most times ski on.

I will be at Pats tomorrow. The trail report tonight listed everything as open. Perhaps I will let my ski buddies try the glades before me to look for rocks ;)

If I go Saturday, I will be in no hurry to get there! (I think...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk