• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go the day after Christmas?

trumpeting_angel

Looks like it's supposed to have non-frozen precipitation on the 26th at Berkshire East. :-( Maybe I'll try further north.

Last edited:

rocks860

Sugarbush is now back to snow on Thursday and Saturday but rain Monday afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellytele

Sugarbush is now back to snow on Thursday and Saturday but rain Monday afternoon

yes on Thursday and Monday. Don't see anything for Saturday though:
Thursday
Snow likely, mainly between 7am and 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Windy, with a south wind 23 to 26 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday Night
A chance of snow showers before 8pm, then snow likely between 8pm and 9pm, then a chance of snow showers after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a southwest wind 18 to 24 mph.

Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Very windy, with a west wind 32 to 37 mph increasing to 38 to 43 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

Saturday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Windy, with a west wind 28 to 33 mph.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Windy, with a west wind around 29 mph.

Christmas Day
Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon.

Sunday Night
A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northeast wind 8 to 14 mph becoming southeast after midnight.

Monday
Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Very windy, with a south wind 20 to 30 mph increasing to 33 to 43 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

rocks860

yes on Thursday and Monday. Don't see anything for Saturday though:
Thursday
Snow likely, mainly between 7am and 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Windy, with a south wind 23 to 26 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Thursday Night
A chance of snow showers before 8pm, then snow likely between 8pm and 9pm, then a chance of snow showers after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday
Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a southwest wind 18 to 24 mph.

Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. Very windy, with a west wind 32 to 37 mph increasing to 38 to 43 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

Saturday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Windy, with a west wind 28 to 33 mph.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Windy, with a west wind around 29 mph.

Christmas Day
Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon.

Sunday Night
A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northeast wind 8 to 14 mph becoming southeast after midnight.

Monday
Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Very windy, with a south wind 20 to 30 mph increasing to 33 to 43 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Hmmm I'm just going off the weather channel app but I'm seeing snow Saturday too

WWF-VT

You should plan to go someplace where you'll be happy skiing groomers all day. Natural snow trails at Sugarbush are going to take a lot of snow to make them worth skiing again - unless you enjoy ice and coral reefs as a skiing surface.

rocks860

Looks like the forecast has changed again to 1-3 inches tomorrow and 1-3 inches Saturday and pm freezing rain on monday

WWF-VT

Sugarbush Monday from NOAA....

[FONT=&quot]Monday[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Snow showers likely, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind 29 to 39 mph increasing to 50 to 60 mph. Winds could gust as high as 75 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.[/FONT]

rocks860

Is that strong winds all day or strong winds in the afternoon?

Last edited:

dlague

Ya the day after Christmas looks borderline bad - maybe some snow, freezing rain, rain that blows if plans were solid to ski! To early to tell what the hour by hour will be.

rocks860

I think I'm gonna go up and at least maybe the morning will be good, I've got the I'm gonna ski that day mindset and there's no escaping now

rocks860

Well looks like it's snowing now despite the site saying it's raining. Just hope it keeps up and the rain on Monday doesn't come until late afternoon