• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where you are skiing during thanksgiving and weekend?

Skrn

More snow than rain now but would this be too much wind?

stranger things have happened.

jay @ 3000 feet.

Wednesday Night
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 7pm. Low around 25. Very windy, with a south wind 33 to 43 mph becoming west 14 to 24 mph. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Thanksgiving Day
Snow showers, mainly before noon. High near 29. Windy, with a northeast wind 23 to 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

killington @3400 ft.

Wednesday Night
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 7pm. Low around 28. Very windy, with a south wind 36 to 40 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Thanksgiving Day
Snow showers likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Windy, with a north wind 31 to 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

sugarbush @ 3000 ft

Wednesday Night
Snow before 1am, then snow showers after 1am. Low around 27. Very windy, with a south wind 35 to 40 mph becoming south 26 to 31 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Thanksgiving Day
Snow showers, mainly before noon. High near 29. Windy, with a north wind 26 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

KustyTheKlown

I’m not skiing til Friday so those winds don’t matter to me. I just want snow to fall on the backside of the storm.

The Sneak

Ugh
Maybe nowhere. Still haven’t gotten out.
Maybe Wachusset for a few hours? Maybe Bretton Woods Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWF-VT

For the first time in a few years I am not skiing on Thanksgiving day at Sugarbush but will be there Friday through Sunday

Glenn

Probably will do Friday. We were going to go tomorrow, but with the wind, there could be holds.

KustyTheKlown

just booked my usual hotel near castleton for tomorrow and friday nights. here's to hoping for some decent skiing. a weekend in vermont with my lady will be enjoyable either way. and we'll pick up a xmas tree.

cdskier

Nowhere...

I won't be back on the slopes until the 2nd week of December. I just did ski 3 days at Sugarbush though (Sunday-Tuesday). I understand some of the WROD comments in this thread. If I didn't have a pass, I wouldn't have been skiing. But since I have a pass and it is "free", might as well take some runs and start to get the legs used to skiing again.

JimG.

Staff member
I understand some of the WROD comments in this thread. If I didn't have a pass, I wouldn't have been skiing. But since I have a pass and it is "free", might as well take some runs and start to get the legs used to skiing again.

Agreed...plus I got to try out my new skis.