• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Which Trails Are Open the Least?

dmc

Ok fair enough.
But why did he let the cat out of the bag, especially when this is a thread about "trails" that are open the least? What a tease!
Just wonderin'.... :-?

It's just a name.. Everythings ok... :)

We also have K26 and K28 too... I think you can figure that out... :)

legalskier

It's just a name.. Everythings ok... :)

We also have K26 and K28 too... I think you can figure that out... :)

I may not know all the codes but I do seem to have a nose for where the good stuff is... :wink:

dmc

now if we just had deep enough snow... :(

gregnye

^ +1. When I read the descriptions here of SisBoomBah at Jay, it actually reminded me of Spruce Cliffs.

I must find this "SisBoomBah!!!!"

What a cool name! I have been to Jay many times...never heard of this one! :spin:

BeefyBoy50

I think of it as the Juggernaut of Elk Mountain but I have skiied neither juggernaut at killington or lehigh at elk and have no great desire to ski either haha

skiking4

Ok fair enough.
But why did he let the cat out of the bag, especially when this is a thread about "trails" that are open the least? What a tease!
Just wonderin'.... :-?

Dunno. Kinda just figured out about the line but haven't skied it since there is never enough snow so I guess I was kinda curious what reaction I'd get by saying that...
anyways, never heard of K26 or K28. Do know a couple more lines in Hunter though, but c'mon, there is never enough snow for any of this.

Think about it: 44 and Purna are never open at the same time, cept for maybe 2 days every other season after the biggest storm of the year. Now, trails that are not maintained... yeah even more unlikely.

Newpylong

All of these are open for significant portions of every ski season with decent snow...

The Jug at Berkshire East... at least it was open for a while this year.. might even be open again now.

Devil's Fiddle at K seems to be only open in the very peak of the season.

Juggernaut at K... lol I don't blame them honestly might as well just let the trees take this one over.

Magician obviously I don't think its been open yet this year... looks snowy enough to me lately as long as you are aware there are some boulders hidden under that snow. Which I think is obvious.

Basically all the trails I want to ski...

Newpylong

I'm dating myself, but Louises Folly at Bousquets while growing up was hardly ever open. Aside from the long run (walk) out, the best steep pitch in the area. Haven't been back there but once in 20 years, but the day I was there, it wasn't open. We always had to poach it to ski it!

I second this one! I was on the race team in the 90's for about 5 years and I think it was open once the whole time. Most of the time we just ducked the rope, plenty of cover, they just never opened it. How about Icicles? :)
http://www.teresco.org/pics/bousquet-20080210/IMG_3945-1408.jpg

zyk

How about Icicles? :)

I remeber Icicles... There was some old railroad tie chunks dumped on it to fill it in(I know this sounds strange...)
IIRC (and this was many years ago) it was never roped off. I guess they figured no one would really try it...

Hado226

Beast at B'East. Never listed as open, but never roped or marked closed. If you want to ski it, go ahead. Usually a bad idea if you care about your skis, but pretty good right now...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

JPTracker

Never realized it's not on the map ! The trail sign is still there at the top. You would think Jay Peak would keep it on the map just to increase their official trail number.

Are you sure it's still there? I think it was removed. I believe they took it off because it was keeping them from claiming 100% open because it never opened.

JPTracker

It was there last weekend. First time I noticed it so that's why I remember it.

Maybe they put it back. It has actually been open this season with really nice conditions. Most of the time it is a wind blown icy mess.