• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface Trip Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnardawg

Heading to Whiteface for the 1st time in early March and staying downtown Lake Placid. Looking for recommendations on places to eat, see, must does, etc. We were thinking of going down to Gore one day but that seems like of a long ride.

Thanks in advance - appreciate the help.

Smellytele

Hit the Brewery. If you have any non-ski time hit the olympic venues. Guy trip? Family trip or romantic trip?

As far as Gore goes - where are you coming from to get there? If south I would hit Gore on the way there or when leaving. I come from NH and swing that way and then across.

danimals

Smoke signals bbq

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gnardawg

Coming from north shore of Boston. Family trip ~ 14 people ages 1 to 65

Warp Daddy

Jimmy 's on main st ! Great restaurant ! ORDA store on Main st for Wf swag .Brewery , hit the Olympic venues , skating on Mirror Lake ,

KustyTheKlown

^pretty true. but generally by march is when it is good. not too cold. decent coverage. the slides open. etc. but yea, no guarantees at iceface.

BenedictGomez

As I often say when this subject comes up, one doesn't "plan" a trip to Whiteface, one "goes" to Whiteface after a storm.

BenedictGomez

Family trip ~ 14 people ages 1 to 65

Given it's a family trip (and a large one), this alters the recs I would give you for restaurants etc...

Dancing Bears at the end of the strip is a restaurant large enough to accommodate big groups and has good food, a bit for everyone. This would be my #1 choice given the "1 to 65" thing.

If you're looking for some clean family fun, towards the beginning of Main is a bowling alley (Bowlwinkles).

Lake Placid Pub & Brewery is decent as well, though with a large group, do avoid Friday and Saturday.

Check out the ski jumping and bobsled/skeleton/luge track. Check out the rink where the Miracle On Ice took place at, which is hallowed ground to a serious hockey fan like myself.

Bosco DaSkia

Bullshit ! If you feel this way it is obviously above your paygrade , our parking lots are your blues !!

Yeah, ok.... but seriously, who needs blue parking lots? I prefer to get my challenges on the hill, not in an ice, rock and dirt covered lot half a mile walk away, that is somehow an uphill climb both directions!

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.