• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who has gotten their 2013-2014 Season passes?

ScottySkis

I've got my Epic, but still nothing for the East Coast. I've only been to one of the big four in VT, and I'm thinking of spending a weekend at each, which would make a season pass silly.
Which one have you been to? Their all big for north east , but ones from Killington on up get more snow and generally have more steep stuff. Magic and MT snow( North Face) have nice gladed and steeps to. You can get discount card to to one other place.

ScottySkis

absolutely. I know I'm much more likely to get on the hill when my day's already paid for and I don't have to question the value in buying a ticket.

+1 I did that a lot when I had my K season pass years ago. Plenty of Sundays leaving at 2 pm, and not feel bad at all. And even ski MT snow one crappy weather day because it was on the last year ASC owned those hills.

dlague

All the season pass talk is easier said then done if you are single or a couple then that is feasible but season passes at K for a family is crazy money up front! Our family skied for less than $1600 in lift ticket cost and the expense is distributed across the season. To get passes at K it would cost us about $3500 - sorry not worth it! Rather ski K once and a while and have fun else where!

Number of times we skied:

Myself 38
Wife 37
Teen Son 11 (he is a ski instructor which is not included)
Youngest son 23

Last edited:

tnt

There is something to be said about frequenting one place versus going around to different areas. I also never got bored but learned the hill and knew where to go to find the goods and avoid crowds. That's worth a lot to me.

If I lived in VT, I think I would do a pass - depending on $$ of course - and this is a big reason.

I'd love to know a mountain inside and out, and that takes a lot of days on it.

Huck_It_Baby

All the season pass talk is easier said then done if you are single or a couple then that is feasible but season passes at K for a family is crazy money up front! Our family skied for less than $1600 in lift ticket cost and the expense is distributed across the season. To get passes at K it would cost us about $3500 - sorry not worth it! Rather ski K once and a while and have fun else where!

Myself 38
Wife 37
Youngest son 23

You AND your wife skied near 40 days for less than 1,600 at all of the various resorts in your signature?

That's pretty damn good. I spent almost $1,500 last season on about 30 lift tickets just for myself.

Smellytele

Myself 38
Wife 37
Youngest son 23

Yup - I have a family of 5 and season passes would kill me at most mountains (well I do have season passes but at local hill and they are free - another story altogether)

thetrailboss

Staff member

Myself 38
Wife 37
Youngest son 23

Many mountains offer a free child pass for every adult pass FWIW. Sugarbush does and that would mean something like $2300 for a family of four.

I definitely hear you on the financial commitment and the large amount of money involved that is hefty for a family. Lots of resorts understand that and try to lure folks with these deals.

Also, a pass is not for everyone...including the folks who love the challenge of finding a good deal.

Huck_It_Baby

You AND your wife skied near 40 days for less than 1,600 at all of the various resorts in your signature?

That's pretty damn good. I spent almost $1,500 last season on about 30 lift tickets just for myself.

Nevermind. It occurred to me you were writing your ages and not # of days skiing.

dlague

I manage things really closely! Ride and Ski, VT and NH fifth grade passports, handful of comps, skiing 2 fer days, half day sessions, etc.

Last edited:

MadPadraic

I've got my Epic, but still nothing for the East Coast. I've only been to one of the big four in VT, and I'm thinking of spending a weekend at each, which would make a season pass silly.
Which one have you been to? Their all big for north east , but ones from Killington on up get more snow and generally have more steep stuff. Magic and MT snow( North Face) have nice gladed and steeps to. You can get discount card to to one other place.
I view the big four as Killington, Stowe, Sugarbush, and Jay. Of those, I've only been to Killington in the late Spring. My plan for this weekend is to give each a weekend.

dlague

Many mountains offer a free child pass for every adult pass FWIW.

Most offer this for 5 and under - a handful do 6 and under. We took advantage of that when our kids were that young but we are way beyond that age. That does help younger families for sure!

WWF-VT

Most offer this for 5 and under - a handful do 6 and under. We took advantage of that when our kids were that young but we are way beyond that age. That does help younger families for sure!

Sugarbush gives a free kid pass with the purchase of Adult 7 pass for kids 12 years old and younger. That saved me a lot of money over the years.

dlague

Sugarbush gives a free kid pass with the purchase of Adult 7 pass for kids 12 years old and younger. That saved me a lot of money over the years.

That is good! But I have three teens so we prefer to go all over and ski different states and resorts. Chase the deals.

ScottySkis

http://catskills.craigslist.org/tix/4038124864.html Guy won season pass for Windham and is selling for $500. That is cheap
[h=2]Ski Windham NY Season Pass 2013-14 - $500 (Massapequa,NY)[/h] Item for sale is a season pass for Windham Mountain NY for the 2013-14 winter ski season The pass is worth 1100-1200.00 so its a great deal I dont ski and won this at a fundraiser would like to get my daughter a ski pass in CO at school and a student pass is about $500 thanks