• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who went where on Sunday for the 10"plus inches most resorts got. How was it?????

Vortex

Sat was very very cold, Made for great soft snow Sunday. The River got a foot plus. Upper Tempest on skiers right had quite a bit of snow blown in there. Waist deep at times. Short guys rule on powder days. Skiers right on White heat was unreal until the word got out. Best day of the year by far. Can't find anyone who remembers White Heat ever being open so early.

Huck_It_Baby

I skied one set of trees, but the trees aren't good-to-go yet, unless you have serious rock skis and good health insurance.

Have to disagree with you there. I skied powder in the trees all weekend at Stowe. Just gotta know where to go for early season glades.

C-Rex

I hit the some glades at Mountain Snow (Ha! Scotty) and they were great. Very few obstacles poking through. The snow they got was perfect for building a base in the trees, I'd imagine with one more dump they'll open up officially.

JoeB-Z

13" at Sunapee on Sunday. Got there at 10:00 after digging out from the same 13" at my place in Ascutney. $35 ticket with 5 grocery items. Wind holds until 10:30 had the quad to the top backed up. Especially good skiiing once they opened up the other chair to the top from the bowl to the north, which was outstanding. My legs were shot and duty called at 2PM.

JoeB-Z

Forgot to say the lifty down in that bowl was a champ. Apparently he had to dig the whole base out himself and then run the quad fixed chair himself. He single handedly got that side opened up for great turns.

Mullen

Was at bromley on saturday and sunday. Sat was cold with just a couple inches or fresh snow. Good on the sides of the trails though. Sunday had about 14 inches maybe a bit more of new fluffy stuff. They only opened the two doubles at 830 due to the wind and having to dig out the quad. Was on about the 3rd or 4th chair of the am. Did a few runs there and was first chair on the quad once it opened. There was almost no one here, didn't wait in a lift line once. Pretty much went non stop till about 130 till the legs couldn't take it anymore. Dropped into several beautiful tree sections I know that were in awesome shape for this time of year. Only got bit by one powder snake.

dlague

Saturday - Killington for pre storm skiing - best conditions they have had so far. Then Gunstock after / tail end of the storm. We were not there for first tracks but the powder that was left was awesome and where it was tracked powder bumps were forming nicely! Nice quad burning type of day!

twinplanx

Forgot to say the lifty down in that bowl was a champ. Apparently he had to dig the whole base out himself and then run the quad fixed chair himself. He single handedly got that side opened up for great turns.

ONE guy shoveled all that snow AND bumped chairs on a QUAD all day? I hope that's not true. If he did he should get a raise!!

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Severance

Went to Crotched. I haven't been there before but it was pretty solid for only being an hour away from me. Some trails have some flat spots that are brutal in this deep stuff for us snowboarders but it was a lot of fun...then the Rocket went down for some reason in the afternoon and it was slower and slightly less vertical fun. Seems to be a great small mountain as long as the Rocket is going. Got to try out my first new equip in 15 years. Things have changed a bit haha. Still just as fun.

crank

We skied Mt Snow Friday - Sunday. Friday was really nice with a bunch of soft stuff, actual powder turns on the sides of some trails. A nice blend of natural and man made. Saturday was, as others have said, frigid. We quit a bit early in anticipation of a powder day Sunday and were not disappointed when we woke up to 14". We skied a couple of closed glades but you had to be careful. We considered ducking a few ropes on the north side after things got tracked out, but there were so many tracks ahead of us we figured why bother. Skied one black run, Ledges, down the front near the end of the day that had a caution thin cover sign...they were't kidding. It skied like an easier Paradise at MRG with ice /granite covered ledges you had to drop but plenty of soft snow as well.

Really fun weekend and way better than I expected for early December in southern VT!