• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's buying their 21/22 pass early?

abc

... and plan to use it in the spring?

A few passes had come out, with spring benefits. Will some of the people who skipped the 20/21 season jump on it? Especially those who're expected to get vaccinated soon and have a good chance of using it in the spring?

Or are some people really pissed by the shit show this season and choose to wait and see what next season will be like?

Also, Ikon allows deferral of the 21 pass up till April (?). Will they let people start using it after that date and count it as spring benefit of 22 as they did in the past?

ThatGuy

One thing I know is I definitely won’t be getting Epic or Ikon. This year has shown me indy resorts are the way to go for what I prefer. It seems the larger crowds weekdays are here to stay even if Covid is under control by next season since so many people now wfm.

boston_e

I pretty much always buy early enough to get the lowest "early purchase" pricing. I'm sure this year will be no different.

reefer

Probably wait til next year only because I have a major project that may limit me again next year. After that my work career is over and it's all play. I will have to make a decision. Probably Indy or Epic. Like many here, I have always been a "skiing on the cheap" fanatic which has pretty much disappeared. Did buy the Vermont Passport for some weekday day trips and will again next year. Berkshire East is $25.00 weekdays/$45.00 weekends for seniors (60+ - don't see that too often, most have raised seniors to 70+), so that is a good outlet to have in the pocket for now.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'm out of the passholder game for a while...hoping to be a ski instructor out West next season! I had Ikon this year, Killington-only the previous 2-3 years, MAX pass, and a couple Killington spring passes so it's kinda nice not having to drop $$$ this spring.

skiur

Gonna get another K pass like I have for the last 20 years.

gittist

I am so thrilled with the way EPIC (Vail) looked out for us this past season I'm going to buy one as soon as I can! I love long lift lines, no tables in the lodges, no snow making, using my car as the base lodge regardless of the weather, no shuttles for our safety, half the lifts shut down, no help, no one answers the phones and the list goes on....

Yes siree, going to go right out buy another pass for next year!! BOHICA!!

Thank you Vail for a season no one will ever forget!

Some restrictions are reasonable but Vail went over board... but then again some people were real happy with it??

chuckstah

I'll definitely buy the Indy sooner or later, no rush. Not renewing Epic, unless they make it mighty cheap with a big credit. If ski season comes around and I regret not having a mega pass (doubtful), maybe I'll work one or 2 shifts a week at the local to get a freebie. Plenty of time to decide.

abc

I am so thrilled with the way EPIC (Vail) looked out for us this past season I'm going to buy one as soon as I can! I love long lift lines, no tables in the lodges, no snow making, using my car as the base lodge regardless of the weather, no shuttles for our safety, half the lifts shut down, no help, no one answers the phones and the list goes on....

Yes siree, going to go right out buy another pass for next year!! BOHICA!!

Thank you Vail for a season no one will ever forget!

Some restrictions are reasonable but Vail went over board... but then again some people were real happy with it??
Well, there're other passes than Epic.

ERJ-145CA

The last couple of seasons Mountain Creek put their passes on sale in February for the spring and the following season for $229 for the first 500 passes and then going up $10 each 500. They haven't done it yet this year yet. I keep checking so I don't miss out. I'm thinking because of covid they might not do it this year.

drjeff

Not selling my condo at Mount Snow, so I'll be wearing an Epic around my neck in my lanyard next year again.

Honestly given that back in October, I wasn't very confident that we'd get in a full length season without a VT mandated shut down for a period of time, and I have been able to get a reservation every day that I have wanted, with my expectations for the season set low, it has atleast met them.

Certainly there are numerous things that I feel could of been done better. Some of that is likely just do to staffing issues, while others are likely Vail corporate decisions.

Presuming that the '21-'22 will be able to happen in a "normal" fashion, Vail will be getting a more critical eye as I form my opinion for sure.

drjeff

What for? If you're not selling your condo...
Not selling it THIS year....

Kids will be off a college in a couple of years. If my wife and I decide it's time for a change, that may present an opportunity if how Vail chooses to operate the mountain isn't something my wife and I find to our liking.

Give us a "normal" length season and snowmaking effort. Get the food and beverage operations back to normal. Get the events Calendar back to normal (year round), and likely in 2 seasons start showing some capital improvements of decent scope, and the choice to wear an EPIC in my lanyard is easy.

Run the place at a level significantly below how Peak ran it in the areas that we find important for our enjoyment, and then we'll be thinking about who we're giving our money to

snoseek

Not selling my condo at Mount Snow, so I'll be wearing an Epic around my neck in my lanyard next year again.

Honestly given that back in October, I wasn't very confident that we'd get in a full length season without a VT mandated shut down for a period of time, and I have been able to get a reservation every day that I have wanted, with my expectations for the season set low, it has atleast met them.

Certainly there are numerous things that I feel could of been done better. Some of that is likely just do to staffing issues, while others are likely Vail corporate decisions.

Presuming that the '21-'22 will be able to happen in a "normal" fashion, Vail will be getting a more critical eye as I form my opinion for sure.
If you were ever to sell that condo and travel freely for a year or two this would be an awfully good time to do it. Real estate is bonkers out of the urban areas right now

JimG.

Staff member
If you were ever to sell that condo and travel freely for a year or two this would be an awfully good time to do it. Real estate is bonkers out of the urban areas right now
Yeah, take advantage of the WFH craze while prices are high.

Wait too long and you'll be left holding the bag.

machski

Buying New England Passes at flash sale price assuming they do that. We have our passes this year so spring benefit is not relevant for us. May buy Indy passes as well, need to figure out West trips for next season into mix.

mlkrgr

Kind of wishing Wawa puts their season passes to get the weekend day session but it's unlikely given there was still a sizable daytime crowd when I pulled in this Sunday at 4 pm given the amount of cars parked in lot #3. The nighttime crowd wasn't as much as they usually get but still sizable while it was quieter than usual after 7 pm. Would like the weekend access before 4 pm for paying for my bronze pass early like they have given in years past but given how much people that got locked out of buying a pass it is unlikely.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Anyone else think March 1 would be a likely date for some big announcements about 21/22 pass rates and on sale dates?

If they want to throw in "the rest of this skison" as a relevant early purchase carrot, I would announce today and put on sale by Friday