• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's buying their 21/22 pass early?

Smellytele

Getting this back on track! We pulled the trigger on the Epic Military Veteran Pass and Epic Veteran Dependent Pass. It gives us everything the full Epic Pass has but no Partner resorts in BC and Telluride etc. We are good with that! We purchase the A Basin pass earlier so the combo is designed to give us a Saturday option. Plan on making many long weekend trips. We will hit the Epic ski areas here in NE in between. Trying to talk my wife into adding the Ikon base to the arsenal she is not buying into the idea of another $729 X 2. Wish there was a Ikon Veteran Pass option.

any others biting on the Epic Local of Northeast Value Pass?
Ikon does have a active and retired military pass

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Getting this back on track! We pulled the trigger on the Epic Military Veteran Pass and Epic Veteran Dependent Pass. It gives us everything the full Epic Pass has but no Partner resorts in BC and Telluride etc. We are good with that! We purchase the A Basin pass earlier so the combo is designed to give us a Saturday option. Plan on making many long weekend trips. We will hit the Epic ski areas here in NE in between. Trying to talk my wife into adding the Ikon base to the arsenal she is not buying into the idea of another $729 X 2. Wish there was a Ikon Veteran Pass option.

any others biting on the Epic Local of Northeast Value Pass?
It's a shame they don't offer a NE Pass without such significant holiday (or weekend) blackouts. 80% of my skiing is at the 4 places they black out. I'd definitely consider a pass that was limited to Northeast and only blacked out Stowe like the Epic Local.

PAabe

I am waiting for next year's Indy Pass info before investing in any passes. I would be more interested in venturing north to those places on Indy especially if on weekends.
However it will be hard to resist the epic northeast pass at that pass, with Roundtop being the closest hill to me for day trips/nights. Maybe I will get both. I would much rather give my money to Indy but unless they magically add another PA hill to Shawnee which is flat and Blue Knob which barely has snowmaking (or increase the number of tickets I could get at those places), it would be hard for me to justify not giving in to vail corp. from a financial perspective

At with the price of either of those passes, I could continue to justify some day tickets at other places out of system

Last edited:

Teleskier

Did anyone catch when the EPIC pass purchase cutoff date was? It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere.

PAabe

The only thing I saw was regarding Buddy tickets, passes purchased before 9/17 get buddy tickets. I didn't see any other dates anywhere else.

skef

Just deferred my 20/21 Ikon. Will apply $$ towards 21/22 once the credit appears...
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.22.25 PM.png
Still have a 4-day 20/21 Epic Day pass (Stowe trip that never happened thanks to VT+MA travel restrictions) that will probably become worthless :mad:.