• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wii Ski

BeanoNYC

We got the wii and wii ski for the girls on X-mas. Its fun but the graphics are cheesy. The interactive part of the wii is a cool concept but to me it seems like a much better fit for kids then adults. For real gaming I much prefer my PS3.

Agree totally. I basically got the Wii because my wife was asking about Wii fit. I was like "huh? Your ASKING me to get ANOTHER CONSOLE VIDEO GAME SYSTEM!!??!!??!!??" A few phone calls and 30 minutes later I was coming home with the system and Wii Fit. I still prefer the gameplay and graphics on my PS3.

The games are more social, though. We're having fun playing them TOGETHER! I can see us breaking out Wii the next time we have company.

All that said, I still plan on buying a vintage Atari 2600 with all the classic games.

skijay

Got the Wii, the Fit and We Ski and a bunch of other games.

On the Fit I am overweight (BMI). I am 5'8 and weigh 165lbs my BMI was 126 when I started the Fit on Christmas day.

I do love the We Ski. I do suck at delivering food when I bumped into the lady at the on slope cafe and she asked me to deliver a hamburger and then a soda.

I like how you feel when the chair goes over the sheave train and you get the vibration on the controller. I do like the views!

I have spent about 2 hours playing one night. I felt I got the same amount of a work out as if I was skiing at a small area like Southington or Otis Ridge. I really do not like the We Ski in the night skiing mode.

ccskier

I have the game and board, no idea how to do it, can't figure it out for the life of me.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Have you tried the ski school part of the game? That helps. There are instructions, too, though it's a lot to remember at first.

We just got the balance board but I haven't yet had a chance to try it with We Ski.

Zand

I've played it on Wii fit and sucked royally. Good thing I don't ski as bad in real life as on a video game.

I'm only good at Bowling and Tennis as far as Wii goes.