• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain, 26 November 2016

nkLottery

Date: Saturday, 26. November 2016

Resort or Ski Area: Wildcat Mountain

Conditions: Not thin, Packed up top / a bit wet toward the bottom, Comfortable temps

Trip Report: Second day out for me this season and I had to go to Wildcat as it looked like the place that stayed coldest overnight on Friday night. First day on my Nordica Enforcer 93s--a great ski, a fast, powerful ski, that is going to take ME places this season! Conditions held up fine while I was there; a comfortable roughly 26 degrees up top and mid 30s at the bottom.

Wildcat pieced together the Lynx trails to open up the mountain top to bottom. I got there a bit late so if they groomed it, it didn't last. It was naturally cut up and bumped up by the time I got there. Sure it may not have been as much variety as other areas in New England, but lapping Wildcat top to bottom 2100' per run with NO lift lines meant substantial runs, and a very fun experience. A tiring one too; this was effectively an early season exercise day and could prove crucial in getting me back into form. Visibility was poor and there were no views across Pinkham Notch. I've learned to never build myself up for a clear day in the Whites. As long as you can see the run in front of you, you take what you can get.

So glad I got out there. Skiied in October, now November, and from here on out every weekend til the hills close down...

IMG_20161126_120704.jpgIMG_20161126_120712.jpgIMG_20161126_120759.jpgIMG_20161126_120813.jpg

snoseek

That wet snow you experienced turned into some pretty chopped up firm snow yesterday. Top half was still relatively soft. you're right about lapping that quad providing good exercise...I can barely walk down stairs today!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I've learned to never build myself up for a clear day in the Whites.
I skied at Loon for many years without a clear day and never thought anything of it. So I remember being startled one blue bird day more recently to see Mt Washington!

keyser soze

I don't know, Maybe as a joke??? Is it taboo to say something like that in your world?

keyser soze

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I've been called a lot of things, but PC isn't one of them. I think if something is funny, it's all good, even if it is against something I believe in or my nationality.

nkLottery

Didn't mean to offend anyone. I've been called a lot of things, but PC isn't one of them. I think if something is funny, it's all good, even if it is against something I believe in or my nationality.

Apparently a picture is worth a thousand posts. Who knew? :razz: :daffy:

bdfreetuna

hmm you must be one of the "happy people", as I like to call them