• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter storm Landon has shifted favorably incoming to VT and NY with Major foot plus snow totals and a small mixed in little sleet/Ice line possible.

ne_skier

Magic updated their predicted trail report for today (just about all SoVT resorts on hold due to lift ice removal) and it looks like they got ~2 inches of ice with ~2 inches of snow, all ungroomed marked closed for the time being.
Bromley isn’t reporting any trail closures, but I don’t believe they’ve gotten anyone up top yet. They might be the better move this weekend just since they have far more groomed runs than Magic.
It’ll probably be a good weekend if you’re into groomers, and this storm likely provided a decent base for those. If you’re looking for good skiing sans-corduroy you’ll likely need to keep going further north and out of the “ice zone”
Edit: this is as of early morning

Zermatt

Poured freezing rain and sleet all last night at the base of Bromley. Looks like they won't open today after an earlier delay. Stratton is going to have a hard time. Lots of ice on everything. Snowing now but not much left on the radar. Everything farther north seems okay.

urungus

Killington reporting 10 inches and 100% open except for green circle “Ledgewood Yurt Loop”

MidnightJester

Updated Smugglers Notch snow report says 13" of new snow already and all trails open and all upper parking lots full already at 11:00 am. Looking forward to smugglers trees and glades and some wonderful lift assisted "Birthday bowl" Side-country tree boarding soon.

Really want to make it there for this storm dump but need a copilot for the snow fun riding and split ride costs up from Long Island NY :) to smugglers Its about 7hrs one way from mid long Island and 5 1/2 to 6 hrs from the "New Rochelle diner" New Rochelle NY which is just outside NYC on 95 heading into CT and up to VT

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

my girlfriends coworkers in westchester are scaring her. schools closed for ice. now she's harping on me about driving later.

any intel on the roads today for 87 thru the hudson valley and 95>91 thru CT and MA is much appreciated

drjeff

my girlfriends coworkers in westchester are scaring her. schools closed for ice. now she's harping on me about driving later.

any intel on the roads today for 87 thru the hudson valley and 95>91 thru CT and MA is much appreciated

Mass DOT webcams/road reports show that 91 is treated and wet and running 40-50+mph currently. Same things with some of the VT DOT webcams along I-91 in the Brattleboro area.

Even a FB group I follow that is about the road conditions along route 9 in So VT has had mu,tiple drivers reporting all morning that the roads are mainly wet, with some slush occasioanlly and lots of plow trucks out laying down the salt. Seems like th issues are some of the seconadry roads and parking lots that may not of been treated yet and/or don't get much volume of traffic to help displace some of the now generally sleet/snow falling now

ThatGuy

Ill keep you updated Kusty. Got to Stowe up 100 this morning but it was sketchy. Taking 89>7>4>87 home later.

cdskier

The cams on the Thruway in the hudson valley area are mostly iced over...so can't see much there. North of Albany 87 looks slushy/snow-covered.

I'm leaning towards not chancing it today and just going up tomorrow instead.

ericfromMA/NH/VT

I just booked a room in warren to ski sugarbush early next week, lady on the phone said they have almost 2 feet and its still coming down....