• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

World Series Thread..Who are you rooting for???

Philpug

Rays. The local Minor league team (Hudson Valley Renegades) is owned by the Rays. I have seen some of the rays play as they came up through the system. Used to have season tickets.
Cool for you. :beer::beer:

Paul

I sat next to a guy at a Devils game once who had a cow bell. I had threatened to shove it down his throat after the liquor kicked in. My brother asked me to play the cow bell in his band one night, that was pretty cool and much less annoying. Pretty much the limit of my musical abilities.

cowbell.thumb.gif

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
What a bunch of girls. Sheesh, there's a good game being played and you're fretting about the consistency of the turf, or fake turf.
Sorry, it just looks like sht. Like I said earlier, I could really care less. I like the sport of baseball, but I despise the business of baseball so I don't watch it very often

drjeff

why does the field look horrible?

Because it's inside of a cr@ppy looking stadium!

031808tropicana.jpg

Actually with the sheen that comes off of field turf, combined with the lack of color corrective lighting that I'll guarentee that the lighting system in Tropicana Field has, the chances of an esthetically pleasing field on TV(especially HD TV) are very remote.

jtothewang

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the same guy that owns the Devil Ray's also owns Windham Mountain.

jtothewang

Windham Mountain sale finalized :: Windham Mountain - [Cached Version]
Published on: 4/30/2005 Last Visited: 9/19/2006

Majority owners Randy Frankel and Steven Starker were senior partners at Spear, Leads & Kellogg and managing directors at Goldman Sachs.
Frankel is also an owner of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

FRITOLAYGUY

Incredible start by the Phillies..homerun in the first inning for two runs and now two men on and zero outs..JEA!!!!!!...they need a win today and WTF is up with the cowbells??? The people with the cowbells should be bitchslapped..

The story with the cowbells steez is they are given to the first 10K people that enter the game but you must have some sorta rays gear or attire for them to give you one, they actually started years ago because there was not enough noise in the stadium

Geoff

I can't bring myself to root for the Rays. All those years they sucked and got into head hunting wars and brawls with the better teams. I don't follow NL teams and I basically know nothing about Philly. I watched a half inning last night and flipped it off. I doubt I'll watch more than an hour or two of the World Series.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Go Rays!!

Mostly 'cause I'm an AL guy, so I pull for the team from the AL (usually....not last year or 2004, of course).

Plus, Schilling used to be a Phillie, which is reason enough for me to hate the team (even though they did run him out of town, which is cool).

Anyway, both teams are pretty dynamic and fun to watch. Should be an awesome series.

Phils can't rely on just Cole to pull it out for them.

Rays in 7....Slightly better rotation + home-field advantage wins it for the Ex-Devils.