• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wyndham or BellAyre

goldsbar

My 2 cents:
Bell - Place where you curse drivers getting in your way, making the turn to get in, on your way to Plattekill. :lol:
QUOTE]

Hah! I used to do the same. Nothing like being stuck behind 10 cars doing 40 mph in a 55 zone. Now that I have kids I really appreciate Bell and the skiing is actually pretty good as they let it bump up. Plattekill will get my money again in a couple of years - assuming it snows.

trapedui

Looks like windham was the better choice today. Most lifts are closed this morning at Belleayre. Apparently a couple engineers called in sick. They are hoping to open the other lifts during the course of the dsy. Don't know much more than that at the moment.

k123

Lift 7 and Tomahawk opened as of 10:37 but not Superchief yet. I'm planning on going up tomorrow so they better get this figured out...

ScottySkis

Looks like windham was the better choice today. Most lifts are closed this morning at Belleayre. Apparently a couple engineers called in sick. They are hoping to open the other lifts during the course of the dsy. Don't know much more than that at the moment.

On a holiday weekend, It could be a protest, I hope they it all working for tomorrow, you could always go 15 miles to Plattekill, but it probably be half open , but that is a lot more open then Bell is, sorry for all the families and people their today.

k123

If anyone was at Belleayre today, please share what happened

Bene288

I wasn't there, but according to a few people that posted on their facebook page, it sounds like it was a mini strike by the lift operators or engineers on duty. Rumors spread pretty quickly though, but that sounds like it could be a legitimate reason to have lifts shut down. They said Super Chief went online about 2 hours ago.

Hope they figure it out, definitely not what they need amidst the worst season in decades. I'm planning on heading down tomorrow, I hope there's a resolution. I called Belleayre and can't get through. Who knows..

legalskier

I heard that there are several mechanics who certify the lifts as operational; all but one didn't report. I heard different reasons why, but who knows for sure- it's just speculation. The lower mountain started in the normal course. A crew came in from Windham and got the upper mountain lifts going but it took some time.
I heard a crew from Whiteface will be there tomorrow to get them running. It was a late start but conditions were excellent and for $25 on Presidents' weekend you couldn't beat it. All I know at this point.