• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Official 2006-07 Ski Season Breakdown Thread

How many days did you ski (or will you ski) this season?

• Total voters

shwilly

16 - Sugarloaf
8 - Sunday River
1 - K
1 - Pico
= 26.

Two fewer than last year, but not too bad given that there was no week-long trip this year. Kind of weird that every single day was on my pass. Next season a few days at Saddleback and in northern VT will be a priority.

Maybe one Tuckerman day left. Even if not....great season, great times, and it really ended with a bang.

I actually feel like I'm halfway decent now. It's tough how the season ends when you're at the peak of your abilities, then it takes a while at the beginning of the next season to get back to that same place. Maybe the crazy nuts taking summer vacations in Chile are on to something.

loafer89

I updated my total as it's now 43 days and I hope to get in some skiing on closing weekend at Sugarloaf to end the season at 45 days.

Terry

I skied 49 total. Not a great year as I injured my back end of January so I missed a lot of days. 33 at Shawnee Peak
8 Sunday River
5 Attitash
1 Cannon
1 Pico
1 Killington
Wish I could have skied more but maybe next year!

Robbski

Sorry to say only five days. Slow start because of weather and days 2 and 4 resulted in injuries that required 4 weeks (torn calf muscles) and 6 weeks (2 twisted knees) off respectively.

I got in Day 5 today, 4/20, just because I couldn't live with an injured 50% of the days out skiing stat. (and it was a very good day!)

kcyanks1

10 days and about 1.5 hours

Jackson Hole: 4 days + 1.5 hours
Hunter: 2
MRG: 1
Sugarbush: 1
Stowe: 1
Killington: 1

Hopefully not done, but I guess I'll see.

2knees

I'm now at a measly 15. I am going to shoot for killington closing weekend. I thought i would be done after friday but i just cant let it end.

Greg

Staff member
35 Days!

Friday was Day 35 and I've officially hung up the skis. I told you all this would be an epic season! ;) Here's my breakdown:

Mount Snow (1x): 11/25
Hunter (5x): 12/8, 12/15, 1/15, 2/9, 3/19
Sundown (15x): 12/10, 12/27, 12/30, 1/4, 1/12, 1/24, 1/28, 1/31, 2/7, 2/21, 2/26, 3/13, 3/21, 3/26, 3/30
Jiminy (4x): 12/21, 2/11, 4/1, 4/13
Sugarbush (4x): 1/19, 3/5, 3/6, 3/7
Magic (1x): 2/16
Berkshire East (1x): 2/23
Gore (1x): 3/16
Mad River Glen (2x): 3/8, 4/6
Killington (1x): 4/20

A few highlights:

• Met 18 new AlpineZoners this season! Many repeats.
  • My goal was 30 days and I scored 35 so I'm thrilled!
  • The Hunter 12/15 Gathering, 16 AZers + friends = 22 strong.
  • While bittersweet, spring bumps at Hunter in December and January were fun.
  • Wednesday night Sundown AZ gatherings
  • ~175 bump runs on Nor'easter at Sundown!
  • Got to the MRV three times; Skied a damn cold midweek at Sugarbush and MRG in March; April powder day at MRG!
  • Probably some of the worst conditions of the season (certainly not their fault) but got to a new mountain this season at Gore.
  • Scooped up powder remnants at Beast and Magic.
  • Skied several new trails I've been meaning to hit inclucing Redline (Magic); Beast (B-East); Rumble, Spillsville (Sugarbush); Annapurna (Hunter); Paradise and Fall Line (MRG).
  • Made several advances with my skiing, specifically bumps, including a tighter stance, standing a bit taller, better A&E, and a more aggressive line.
  • Finished off the season on a ton of terrain at Killington with phenominal spring conditions.
All in all, my best season yet. However, what really made it memorable was getting my four year old on skis for the first time. She got in 8 days and progressed to riding the chairlift by Day 8. Most importantly is that she's looking forward to next season already! :)

2006-07: A Truly Epic Season!

kcyanks1

I'm counting my 10 days + 1.5 hours (an 11th day) as 11-20, it that's OK. Please give me that much :) While I would love to have 20, 50, or 100 days, I'm probably only a day or so below what I've been doing the past few years. Hopefully I'll do a better job next year, or even get another day or two this year if things are looking good the first weekend in May.

skiprob

53 and Done for the season

I'll call it 53 times on snow.

However, I am compelled to qualify that number with the fact that I teach part-time and, sometimes, I spend a significant amount of the day on beginner terrain.

My breakdown is as follows:
Stowe 3X
Stratton 1X
Bolton Valley 1X - 1st time
Mad River Glen 1X - 1st time
Pico 1X - 1st time - Special Day
Gore 1X
Whiteface 2X
Catamount 4X or 5X - 1st time
Royal Mountain 2X - 1st time
Jiminy Peak - Remainder

Highlights:
  • Skiing with Jeb Boyd of the PSIA National Alpine Demonstration team
  • Meeting Stu Campbell.
  • Skiing with Jay Baranger and his crew from Catamount
  • Skiing and instructing with my colleagues from Jiminy Peak
  • My night adult class at Jiminy Peak
  • Skiing with my old pals at Whiteface
  • Introducing myself to Freddy Anderson (as I do every year) and pointing out that my two boys started skiing with the Schenectady Ski Club at Maple Ski Ridge.
  • My boys asking to ski on National and Liftline at Stowe
  • My boys asking to ski Skyward and Cloudspin at Whiteface
  • Skiing North American at Stratton with my daughter Emily who was five at the time.
  • My boys asking if they could join the race team - interclub (rec or house)

Regrets - Things to look forward to fixing next season:
  • Not getting my wife on snow enough
  • Not getting to Magic, Bromley, Smugglers, Jay Peak
  • Not getting to Snow Ridge, Hunter
  • Not skiing at Maple Ski Ridge after skiing at least one time in each of the past five years.
  • Not skiing the slides on 4/21 when we were invited
  • Not skiing with any Azers
  • (Not) Running out of vacation time
  • (Never) Giving up on the season in early Feb

Would I go out again? Yes. But I have no idea how I could pull it off. I am out of vacation time. Soccer and SAT testing seasons have started.

skiprob

[/LIST] So I assume your answer was "no"? How old? Maybe next year?

The answer was yes. I was so happy.

Ben is 11 and Matt is 9.

It will be a short while before they toast me completely. Hopefully, my wife and daughter will still ski with me.

Next year? The Slides. I'll hook up with someone who's been before.

showphoto.php

Last edited:

kcyanks1

The answer was yes. I was so happy.

Ben is 11 and Matt is 9.

It will be a short while before they toast me completely. Hopefully, my wife and daughter will still ski with me.

Next year? The Slides. I'll hook up with someone who's been before.

Very nice! You should've put their achivement of doing it in the list ... much more impressive than asking!