• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RUMOR - Most ski areas not opening until it gets cold

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I don't know... I thought I saw on accurateweatheralways.com that we're getting 3 feet of snow on Black Wednesday and every ski area in the East will be fully-open for turkey day. I think you're just stirring the pot.

drjeff

I don't know... I thought I saw on accurateweatheralways.com that we're getting 3 feet of snow on Black Wednesday and every ski area in the East will be fully-open for turkey day. I think you're just stirring the pot.

But how much POWER will it take to do that?? :rolleyes:

dmc

I heard that once it gets cold enough they will make snow too.

NO!!! It's gotta be freezing - not just cold.. and the humidity has to be ... something... and.. And you have to use tax $ :)

Grassi21

NO!!! It's gotta be freezing - not just cold.. and the humidity has to be ... something... and.. And you have to use tax $ :)

Mmmmm, man-made paid for by tax payers.... The finest snow one can ski/ride.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm glad I read this before I headed out. After all those snow reports of areas all over the mountains making snow, I was certain there would be wall to wall coverage.:blink: Too bad, I was planning on bringing my snow machine and going out on the the lake for a little ice fishing. :wink:
Do any of the resorts still have their cement ponds open?:cool:

drjeff

I heard that the power behind one of these is AWESOME and will allow the greatest, bestest, most awesomest top 30 area of all time to open in 3 hours at a wet bulb temp of 78.2 degrees!

snowcone.jpg

Glenn

Wow...makes me wounder if I should ski at all this year. So many broken promises made by ski areas.