• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RUMOR - Most ski areas not opening until it gets cold

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
4b06d23b215ad.jpg

I heard they were waiting until they had snow on their trails...man made or otherwise. Seems lazy...I mean, the lifts are already there, just fire them up already!

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
On RSN's Reel Thrills, Plake had these old "grass skis" which were built for skiing on grass in the summer. It was pretty funny watching him try to ski and he did pretty well until the golf course manager came over and threatened to wrap his golf club around his neck unless he left. Reel Thrills is one my favorite shows, especially like the "crash of the week" segment. :lol:

Glenn

On RSN's Reel Thrills, Plake had these old "grass skis" which were built for skiing on grass in the summer. It was pretty funny watching him try to ski and he did pretty well until the golf course manager came over and threatened to wrap his golf club around his neck unless he left. Reel Thrills is one my favorite shows, especially like the "crash of the week" segment. :lol:

That is a great show! They have some great movie clips and Plake is an interesting character. Kudos to the guy for having such a long successful career.

neil

Wawa just announced they aren't opening on the 27th. No surprises there.