• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I like Killington...

jerryg

Killington's fine. Used to be great in the spring, but not so much anymore.

What I want to know is whether the Beast is really going to be the Beast this year... I mean has anyone seen construction of this walkway taking place or is it just blown up hype?

I'll be honest, if K is open first, I'll go and when SR opens, I think it would be great for a Vermont area to be open because the Locke Triple can't handle the people there on weekends when it's mid-station only.

The more ski areas open the better - everybody wins. :fangun:

skiadikt

Yep. I chalk it up to the high density of NYC people. I suspect you see the same awful behavior at the other places they go.... Mountain Creek, Hunter, and Mount Snow. You don't see it midweek when they're all back in the flatlands stuck in traffic jams honking their horns.

watch it with the stereotypes ...

SkiDork

watch it with the stereotypes ...

I like this stereotype:

Pioneer%20stereo%20receiver%20model%20SX-6000%20001.jpg

Greg

Staff member
does it really ruin your day if you have to share the mountain with people from NYC?
come on man, lighten up.
most of the NYC skiers dont get to the mountain until noon, so you dont have to compete with them for fresh tracks on a powder day.
they want everything groomed, so you dont have to worry about them on the bump trails
they dont ski trees, so unless you are skiing blue square groomers between 12:00 and 3:00, the only time you have to spend with those scary new yorkers is maybe sharing a 5 minute chair lift ride
they buy full price day tickets, they buy lunch at the lodge and are done skiing by 3:00 to buy full price beers at happy hour (instead of tailgating in the parking lot)
every big mountain in vermont (bush, stowe, K, okemo ect...) depends on the new yorkers and their $$$. without them we would be paying twice as much for our season passes and the mountain would blow half as much snow.

Great perspective. And very true.

oh ya, and the nyc girls look great and dont smell of b.o. and pot

:lol:

skiadikt

I wonder if that thing is going to be as slippery as Sundowns deck?

actually surprised they didn't go with the metal grating stairway they have going up to catwalk. i'm assuming any frozen precip is gonna make this thing very slick.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I thought I would share my favorite photo of weekend fall skiing on Lower Bunny Buster.

bunnybuster.jpg

I have fond memories of being 9 years old during my 2nd season of skiing and walking down the side of Bunny Buster in tears when it looked like that. :lol: