• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A new ski for me?

skidmarks

PS: Krypton VS FT

I do ski in a Krypton Cross myself and think it's the best boot I've ever been in. Got one of the first pairs and upgraded to the ID liner a few season's ago. They work real well with A-Line foot beds.

Philpug

PS: Contact me if you want a special AZ price!
Thank you for the offer, but I am pretty well set up with my connection ;)

How wide is the forefoot area of the Kryptons and of the Full Tilts?
I have the dims somewhere on Epic. The Kryp is 98mm in width, the FT is w/i mm'ers. Of you were to fill both shells with sand, the Kryp is slightly lower. Note the middle buckle position and the hinge point as a comparison, lower and better positioned on the Krypton.

6_dsc00003.jpg

Philpug

I do ski in a Krypton Cross myself and think it's the best boot I've ever been in. Got one of the first pairs and upgraded to the ID liner a few season's ago. They work real well with A-Line foot beds.

The pair posted in the previous thread were the FIRST pair to a person who's checks were not signed by Dalbello. I got them before there were even liners in the country, shells only because I was going to use a Thermo liner.

bvibert

Staff member
I have the dims somewhere on Epic. The Kryp is 98mm in width, the FT is w/i mm'ers. Of you were to fill both shells with sand, the Kryp is slightly lower. Note the middle buckle position and the hinge point as a comparison, lower and better positioned on the Krypton.

6_dsc00003.jpg

Damn, sounds a little too narrow for my monstrously wide feet...

skidmarks

How wide is the forefoot area of the Kryptons and of the Full Tilts?

Kryptons are 98 but with the Custom ID Liner and some boot work my wide EE foot fits.
The Intution liners "Custom ID" have evolved a lot since the Thermoflex liners too.

It seems like the FT may be a slight bit narrower but they are not talking about it. I've put my foot into the Bumble Bee Pro and it seems okay.

How wide is your foot? Is it just plain wide or wide or wide across the ball of the foot?

o3jeff got the AZ+ price because he's a repeat offender...............

Enjoying Kryptons since '04

Greg

Staff member
Kryptons are 98 but with the Custom ID Liner and some boot work my wide EE foot fits.
The Intution liners "Custom ID" have evolved a lot since the Thermoflex liners too.

It seems like the FT may be a slight bit narrower but they are not talking about it. I've put my foot into the Bumble Bee Pro and it seems okay.

How wide is your foot? Is it just plain wide or wide or wide across the ball of the foot?

o3jeff got the AZ+ price because he's a repeat offender...............

Enjoying Kryptons since '04

skidmarks - I have a ridiculously narrow and flat low volume foot. Also a very skinny ankle, heel and lower leg. Can the Kryptons be made to work for me? I'm not normally on the groomed if I can help it so I would like something that allows for a fair amount of forward flex and constant tongue pressure. The Kryptons seem to be the boot of choice for bump skiers lately.

skidmarks

My boot fitter thought he could work with boots with a 106mm last, but would prefer even wider...

Wow sorry to hear that! Is your foot that wide everywhere? What size is it anyway?

Send me a picture of your foot if you can!!

What boot do you ski in now?

bvibert

Staff member
My foot is wide across the ball, but otherwise I don't think it's excessively wide. I've never really studied other people's feet so I don't have much basis for comparison.

I wear a size 12 street shoe and am going to be in a pair of size 28 boots of some sort this winter. I was in a pair of 29.5 Beasts from a few years back up until now (one of the stiffer versions from when they have a few different ones in the beast line).

skidmarks

I can see you in a Beast but the Beast is boxy and big all over.

To fit my wide foot I had to grind the shell in a few places and push out the shell too. That ID liner helps a lot too. Of course a foot bed is a must but can be as simple as an A-Line. I'd need to see your foot in the boot shell to tell for sure.

My boot fitter thought he could work with boots with a 106mm last, but would prefer even wider...

106 last is like rental boot territory...might as well put your foot in a waste paper basket if you want anything wider...or its time to pick up snowboarding! Unless you've got a EEEE width and a foot that looks like a bear paw I think you need to find a better bootfitter not a wider boot.

bvibert

Staff member
106 last is like rental boot territory...might as well put your foot in a waste paper basket if you want anything wider...or its time to pick up snowboarding! Unless you've got a EEEE width and a foot that looks like a bear paw I think you need to find a better bootfitter not a wider boot.

Apparently there's a few performance orientated boots with wider lasts, but yes he indicated that my selections would be slim. Thanks for the input though.

Sorry for the hijack.

skidmarks

Oh that's cold but mostly true. With the trend towards wider boots that aren't just big buckets you should be able to find a good fit.

skidmarks

Perhaps the Pros

skidmarks - I have a ridiculously narrow and flat low volume foot. Also a very skinny ankle, heel and lower leg. Can the Kryptons be made to work for me? I'm not normally on the groomed if I can help it so I would like something that allows for a fair amount of forward flex and constant tongue pressure. The Kryptons seem to be the boot of choice for bump skiers lately.

They have a firmer liner "gold" Get the whole size vs the .5 size and the liner will be thicker too.

If that doesn't work we have the Rossi/Lange PLUG boot soft that is a narrow 95 last

Philpug

They have a firmer liner "gold" Get the whole size vs the .5 size and the liner will be thicker too.

If that doesn't work we have the Rossi/Lange PLUG boot soft that is a narrow 95 last

I have the IL Moro, Silver and Gold Liners and the cold is damn low volume.