• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Does One Take Control of Congress and the USA?

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
How does the Democrat party get charges against their arch-nemesis when he hasn't done anything wrong and the prosecutors won't file charges? They file a civil suit.

There's nothing to see here, move along.

-Stephen

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i hate to say it, but people are being bought on both sides of the isle here. there are not many differences between the two parties aside from a few core hot topics. both cator to big business and which ever lobby lines their pockets while being within their few hot topic issues. though the recent no bid contracts are the more overt aspect of things, big business has been running congress and the usa for a while.

noreaster

riverc0il said:
i hate to say it, but people are being bought on both sides of the isle here. ..... big business has been running congress and theUSA for a while.
True, sad but true. I guess what I hate about this scenario the most is not that the Republicans may be doing this to gain control. What I hate the most is a few years from now the Democrats may do the same thing to the Republicans. Unfortunately what goes around comes around. If true this is no way to run a country and not the way our forefathers envisioned it. :(

Just to add one comment. Elementary school and high school should teach our kids how our government is really run by K street and lobbyists.

bigbog

noreaster said:
....Democrats may do the same thing to the Republicans. Unfortunately what goes around comes around. If true this is no way to run a country and not the way our forefathers envisioned it. :(

Just to add one comment. Elementary school and high school should teach our kids how our government is really run by K street and lobbyists.
How the free-press became comfortable in bed with this Administration still amazes me....

ctenidae

Good news is the polls are showing satisfaction with Congress to be lower than it was when the Democrats got shoved out. Perhaps the pendulum is starting to swing back the other way.

bigbog

Stephen said:
How does the Democrat party get charges against their arch-nemesis when he hasn't done anything wrong and the prosecutors won't file charges? They file a civil suit.
There's nothing to see here, move along.
-Stephen
I sure wish the Republican ruled Congress back in the mid-to-late 90's would have thought about Ben Laden and Al Zarquawi(sp?) a little more than Bill & Monica.... :roll: You know I WAS a Reagan Democrat, back then I thought I understood the Republicans because the party stood for fiscal conservatism. I think they pulled a big one over on everyone!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
THey did think about it... So did Bill. He was too busy playing golf to order a strike.
i think this is a silly comment considering the current administration's defense for not being more proactive with bin laden was that "things were different" before 9/11. the previous administration said the same thing. i can't think of a single administration pre-9/11 repub or demo that did anything to limit bin laden, but i can think of a few administrations that were providing him with weapons and training for various cold war reasons...

bigbog

Stephen said:
THey did think about it... So did Bill. He was too busy playing golf to order a strike.
-Stephen
Pretty accurate about the golf course! :lol: One thing that the Clinton Administration should have prioritized was the testing and deployment of the armed autonomous aircraft instead of relying on tomahawk-cruise missles. Took too long to get anywhere. Was in planning/manufacturing stages at the end of the Pappa Bush term.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
The fact is that Bill Clinton was offered Bin Laden TWICE. The first time we said we're not interested. THe second time, he rebuked his Joint Chief of Staff for interrupting his golf game.

-Stephen

P.S. BigBog... I agree on the lack of fiscal conservatisim. Wouldn't mind some immigraitional conservatism either.

pedxing

The fact is that Bill Clinton was offered Bin Laden TWICE

I'd like to see some support for that. It certainly contradicts the reports of Richard Clarke, the #1 counter-terrorism expert and #1 hawk on Al-Qeda prior to 9/11. And the guy who tried to get Bush to pay attention to warnings about an Al-Qeda attack in the months leading up to 9/11.

BTW: The Republicans lambasted Clinton over his one attempt to get Bin-Laden. He got accused of trying to distract from the Monica scandal. Clinton/Clarke and others actually did generate alerts that helped catch plotters and stop plots.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
There was no evidence to support that Bin Laden was in Sudan at the time of the rocket attack on the asprin factory.

The Bin Laden facts come from "Dereliction of Duty" by Robert Patterson Amazon link.

Robert Patterson was the military aide responsible for carrying the nuclear "football", the case with the nuclear codes. He is a first-hand source. I misstated in saying he was the Joint Chief of Staff.

-Stephen

ctenidae

Bush's atttempt on bin Laden was a half-assed invasion of Afghanistan followed by a full-scale invasion of a country known to be unfriendly to bin Laden.

Both attempts were failures, but at least Clinton's was cheaper.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Stephen said:
2 countries liberated from terrorist dictatorships now enjoying and growin in democracy?

Here's to more failures!

-Stephen
that's doing exactly what bush did, excusing a failure to do the original mission (kill bin laden and remove a leader for WMD that did not exist) and switching the reasons after the fact. we would never have built a so called "coilition of the willing" if our reasons for going into both countries was to make them democracies. no one will deny having these two countries freed from oppresive rule is a bad thing, it's how it was done that stresses out many people. but, that's completely switching the arguement from the previous points made.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com