• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Defending Ski Haus

dmc

And BTW, grand poobah of exaggerations, one message on a ski forum will not ruin a ski shop. So you can stop fighting under that banner... :roll:

I'm really holding back calling you a name now... But I will show respect.

Again... I know guys that own shops that are living from deal 2 deal... Is it an exaggeration? no... it's true...
And with all the pitchfork/torch people here... It could mean less business when they pile on...

I did what i did... I'd do it again... Sweetie...

dmc

Men are from Mars and women from Venus. No one attacked Swampdog until her defensive and quite I think DMC rightfully charachterized reactions to posts by various male AZ'ers.

She's got it out for me... I don't even know why we respond to her ... :)

I was only trying to put a stop to that freight train.. I did... mission accomplished..

Puck it

BTW- Swamp Dog did PM'ed last week and wanted to know how far I lived from the shop. I responded but did not here back from her.

catskills

For the record, I like Ski Haus and often recommend them to my friends. They always have competitive prices on skis and they are very knowledgeable.

Shops are not required to do Pro Form deals. Some shops offer them and some shops don't. After seeing this rant on the internet, I would suspect Ski Haus and many other shops may reconsider offering Pro Forms in the future. Part of the deal of the Professional courtesy of a Pro Form is not to discuss the deals in public. I would think by posting on the internet that would make your Pro Form deal null and void. Also note that Pro Form deals are only to be used for the professional and not their spouse, children, parents, grandparents, or friends. If your not the professional then you are NOT entitled to the Pro Form price.

Rants like this on the internet are not going to help anyone.

If they offer you your deposit back take it and prey for a powder day when you can forget all this trivial stuff. Be happy and enjoy life.

Last edited:

abc

Also note that Pro Form deals are only to be used for the professional and not their spouse, children, parents, grandparents, or friends. If your not the professional then you are NOT entitled to the Pro Form price.
I hope you are not implying she's just a spouse because she's a woman...

I can't help to notice the emphasis. But perhaps that's not intentional.

catskills

I hope you are not implying she's just a spouse because she's a woman...

I can't help to notice the emphasis. But perhaps that's not intentional.
Absolutely not. I had no emphasis. I clearly stated, "spouse, children, parents, grandparents, or friends" People try to get PRO form deals all the time when they shouldn't get them. Its designed only for the professional. Many times children try to get PRO form deals because one or both of their parents is the professional. If Ski Haus found out the person trying to get a PRO form deal was not the professional, Ski Haus is required to cancel the deal and refund the deposit.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Are we really still talking about this?

UVSHTSTRM

Absolutely not. I had no emphasis. I clearly stated, "spouse, children, parents, grandparents, or friends" People try to get PRO form deals all the time when they shouldn't get them. Its designed only for the professional. Many times children try to get PRO form deals because one or both of their parents is the professional. If Ski Haus found out the person trying to get a PRO form deal was not the professional, Ski Haus is required to cancel the deal and refund the deposit.

Going on the basis that she speaks the truth, which we have no reason she isn't, she went in there got setup and is employed by Gunstock and was waiting for her badge/employee pass. Even though I have stated her attitude sucked, the shop is at fault more so then her in regards to the finger pointing. They took her money as down payment, and tucked them away for her, granted she waited forever, but I would be curious if the sales person gave her a time limit, etc. All that being said, I am guessing (although a peepee move) the shop can void it if they so choose. However I am not involved in law and not sure if a down payment is a contractual obligation. For some reason I am guessing that this owner probably has gathered his employees together and said "All Pro Form Go Through Me!".

deadheadskier

Staff member
Are we really still talking about this?

of course

its very important to kill horses at least 9 times especially when both the shop and the customer are probably in the wrong in some way shape or form. Need at least 20 pages of debate to prove who is more wrong. :lol:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
You know if it was a regular and everyone on here told that person to just chill out a minute and let's try and get to the bottom of it, I think most would at least heed to the advice they receive on here a bit instead of killing the messenger. I think once one did this and realizes, hey, i'll just get my deposit back and get the skis somewhere else if I really have a proform...its still good!

dmc

of course

its very important to kill horses at least 9 times especially when both the shop and the customer are probably in the wrong in some way shape or form. Need at least 20 pages of debate to prove who is more wrong. :lol:

I've been out of this until I was mentioned by Severene and brought back in....

mondeo

of course

Hmm, no one's blamed the government, corporations, banks, or big oil yet...

This thread has legs!

abc

You know if it was a regular and everyone on here told that person to just chill out a minute and let's try and get to the bottom of it, I think most would at least heed to the advice they receive on here a bit instead of killing the messenger. I think once one did this and realizes, hey, i'll just get my deposit back and get the skis somewhere else if I really have a proform...its still good!
It may not. And that might be the crux of the issue...

I don't know anything about pro form. But from reading the posts, it sounds like it needs to be done early in the season. So if that's the case, it might explain her outrage. Because it's now too late for her to get it from another shop!

I'm guessing the shop probably offered her money back but she would be without the skis.

dmc

I don't know anything about pro form. But from reading the posts, it sounds like it needs to be done early in the season. So if that's the case, it might explain her outrage. Because it's now too late for her to get it from another shop!

I'm guessing the shop probably offered her money back but she would be without the skis.

I don't think it was pro-form - it was more of a professional courtesy deal. From what I've read.

UVSHTSTRM

of course

And yet you look............