• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Defending Ski Haus

gorgonzola

i'm bumping this whole thing up to a 10 douche rating - would be even more but i think there was a recipe for kahlua in there somewhere for a little redemption

Shredder of Gnar

Hello pot? Meet kettle.

I'm just wondering where the other side of the story is since there was such a mission to obtain it...
Could someone please, preferrably in 20 words or less, ok I'll give you 30 :) summarize what this thread is all about? Part of it seems to be about a thread that's been deleted, so it really is kinda hard to follow... thanks in advance!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

snoseek

21 pages for this topic? Really?

FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU HAVE GREAT SKIING RIGHT NOW, GO.

carry on.......

hrstrat57

I'll bet the owner and/or manager of the shop had no clue it was going on. Some employee probably offered up the deal. After 6 or 7 weeks with a pair of high end skis sitting in the back still in the shrink wrap and with the Christmas rush looming, the employee who offered up the pro form deal out of inventory got caught and spanked. I don't see how any ski shop should be in any way ethically bound to stand behind a pro form side deal gone sour.

Probably right....my experience with PF was had to have a pro form in hand with signature from SSD together with some proof of active SS status, PSIA card, pin, etc etc....make and complete the deal as early as August or at the latest a couple of years I recall attending pro nights....in September as I recall.....gear was special order only, never from inventory.

I don't really think we know at this point what was really going on here......after reading the ski diva threads it is even more confusing....it is unclear if the OP is a certified instructor or a shop worker or in what capacity she is employed in the ski biz.....

No F bombs over there on diva BTW......since when did AZ allow F bombs anyway...guess I haven't been paying attention.....and the ladies didn't exactly line up in full support....it got quiet pretty quick.....

I am out on this train wreck, tho I suppose I have contributed to the derailment a little bit in my perfectly innocent way.:razz:

Shop forms are better BTW......

Last edited:

snoseek

No F bombs over there on diva BTW......since when did AZ allow F bombs anyway...guess I haven't been paying attention......:razz:

Shop forms are better BTW......

No you have not! Wake the fuck up!!!111

Just joking and derailing this silly thread. I'll cool it for a bit ahaha

Trekchick

From Fight Club...

The first rule of Proform skis is that you don't talk about proform skis.

That said....

Proform skis are a privilege NOT a right, shops do NOT have to honor proform requests. These skis are not supposed to be taken out of stock, they are to be special ordered ONCE all paperwork and requirements are made. You take what you can get, skis Do get sold out. I refused or substituted more pro-form skis than I was able to fill this year. It SOUNDS like the shop did not handle this in the best possible way, but until I hear their side. Not to be smart, maybe I missed it, Swamp, what is your position at the ski area, is it a position that entitles you to a significant discount of ski products? Either way, airing this publicly is one of the reasons that it is tougher and tougher for forms getting in the hands of the right people.

I'm just wondering where the other side of the story is since there was such a mission to obtain it...
Sev, all the underlying name calling between SD and others in all of these threads aside, the ski shop will be wise to NOT make a comment, because ProForms are a delicate subject and really should not be discussed as they have been.

dmc

Can't wait to hit Dunkin Donuts on the way down to band rehearsal in Jerz...

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Well, now that everyone realizes that the main issue with the skis in the first place was the graphics, isn't this entire thread that much more thrilling?

Ski graphics? Who would ever buy a pair of skis based on aesthetic looks? I mean a pair that you're actually going to ski on as opposed to mount on your wall.