• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Jackets

Puck it

I will be sporting this

skg1206ftrm.jpg

2knees

I heard this snappy style was in for the coming season.

Do the MAMBA!!!

o3jeff

Ended up getting another Marker jacket, they seem to fit me pretty good and at a decent price. Got last years Helios model shell.

69164_440_PACIFIC_LG.jpg

I noticed the other day that the jacket has an odd pocket on it. It is on the back right side and the pocket goes all the way across the back of the jacket, anyone know what this is for? Just an odd place and if you were to put anything in it it would probably be uncomfortable once you sit down.

wa-loaf

I noticed the other day that the jacket has an odd pocket on it. It is on the back right side and the pocket goes all the way across the back of the jacket, anyone know what this is for? Just an odd place and if you were to put anything in it it would probably be uncomfortable once you sit down.

Pics?

bvibert

Staff member

That's where you pack the parachute. You deploy it at the bottom of your run to help slow you down.

bvibert

Staff member
The jacket is way beyond my ability then!

Just don't deploy the chute in the woods or on the lift and you'll be fine. You could even have it out for the entire run if you're worried about going too fast...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I need new pants this year, ripped the shit out of mine last day of the season last year when I fell and the ski popped off and sliced right into the thigh. Luckily it just took out fabric and not my femoral!

SNOWPLAYERS11

I'm super excited for winter. I've mastered snowboarding, and now I'm going to learn to ski. Snowboarding was almost identical to skateboarding, so it came very easy to me. But skiing is a whole other can of worms, I'm ready to open. But I do need some new gear, its been about five years. I'm keeping all of my gloves and goggles, but I need a re-up on ski pants, fleece, and a brand new jacket. I was relieved to find a post about finding good necessities at TJ Maxx, and other discount stores. Who doesn't love a bargain?!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Starting from the right is the side pocket, pit zip, then the zippered pocket that goes across the back of the jacket. Can fit a lot of snacks in it but will crush them on the lift.
Is the pocket mesh? Maybe a pit zip for your back? I can't imagine any other reason for having a pocket on the back of a jacket, that is bizarre.