• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Am I the only one who gets excited when I hear there's gonna be 16 inches of snow?

ctenidae

My old jb would "reward" people who made it in by giving them an extra personal day, which is nice, except they didn't charge a day to the people who didn't come in. In effect, you get a free personal day whether you came in or not. Annoying, since I can walk to work, and had no excuse for not coming in.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
no excuses

I lived for two decades in northern and western new york (Can you say, "Massena", "Rochester" and "Buffalo"?) No amount of snow was an excuse not to come in. It was expected you would make it in. Late, perhaps, but you would NEVER call in just because of snow.

I wish there was better cell phone coverage at the resorts. Then I could answer the phone and really portray the WAH guise.

ctenidae said:
My old jb would "reward" people who made it in by giving them an extra personal day, which is nice, except they didn't charge a day to the people who didn't come in. In effect, you get a free personal day whether you came in or not. Annoying, since I can walk to work, and had no excuse for not coming in.