• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

craziest thing

thebigo

A few days ago my buddy emailed me and claimed to have slept in his boots. Personally I have found myself staring at trail maps for hours while i should be working. What is the craziest thing you have done when you are craving the start of the season?

BeanoNYC

Was he drunk? Was there a reason? Kinda like putting your baseball glove under your mattress when you were a kid?

I've put all my gear on in the living room and watched TV standing (skis and all)

bvibert

Staff member
The craziest thing I've done is hang out in here with all you nut-bags.... :roll:

:lol:

Grassi21

I've been known to put my boots on walk around the house.

Jonni

Hang up pictures of skis that I want or ski areas that I want to ski next to my bed on the wall, so that I can look at them and attempt to dream about them every night!

Kerovick

I'm so glad you started this thread, I thought I was the only person that walked around my house and watched tv with my boots on. I'm also know to get completelly geared up in the middle of the might and walk around my house. (my wife hasn't caught me yet). There's usually some amount of drinking involved too.

Kero

bvibert

Staff member
I thought putting your boots on and walking around the house in them was normal for a skier??

Grassi21

While the wife was out for a run this morning I decided to strap the boots on. Not sure why, but while wearing my boots I decided to wash the dishes from last night that were in the sink. I can only imagine what the wife would have called me if she walked in and saw me in front of the sink, dish towel over my shoulder and sponge in hand. I had to laugh at myself mid scrub.

TheMadBrit

Skining

When I first got skins I tried them out up the hill in my back yard, on the grass when it was 85 degrees. The neighbors have not talked to me since :???:

Joshua

sleeping in boots isnt crazy, its actually a good way to have our foot adjust to them and for them to mold to your foot, i think this has been discussed before on this forum

ctenidae

I haven't slept in my boots, but I do wear them around the house some. I've also been known to click in and pretend like I'm Bodie, sushing down the hallway, beer in hand.

Grassi21

I have been putting them on for a bit every other night lately. I don't want to be complaining about new boots at K on 11/10...

ajl50

I sit at my desk and do work with my boots on. I'm so glad I'm not crazy and other people do this.