• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you feel like you missed out?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I got out and did a little "trail inspection" on the Thunderbolt trail yesterday. Got to play in the little snow that was left. Wow what a fun looking trail. Damn steep in parts too. pics later.

2knees

I got out and i'm happy with it. It was pretty much what i expected. Had i not gone, i certainly wouldnt have felt bad about it. I'll go to Snow early season to ski chute but i cant see myself driving the extra hour for killington until they have a little more to offer. I just really wanted to get that first day under my belt. Now its time to be a little more realistic.

disclaimer: this is simply my opinion, if you feel the need to disagree with it, blow it out your a$$ :wink:

campgottagopee

No problem here---plenty of "real winter" yet to come. Not a fan of turn earning here anyway--slack country all the way!!!

4aprice

I'm not bummed because I haven't scored all of my equipment yet. I've got a nice pair of brand new ski's but they won't touch snow until there is plenty of base. I'm looking for a good pair of "rock skis" for marginal times and I haven't found them yet. If my plans work out I'll go Turkey day weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
You are in a different situation though...you have earned turns before and you had people to go with (and you also are up where the real powder was..not down here in the catskills where it was a different type). I am lucky to convince a friend to go skiing/riding when there is lift served, let alone earn your turns. I don't think I would have had that much fun hiking/riding by myself, where as lift-served its all good.
Most of my earned turn days are solo......

Terry

I definately feel like I missed out. I had some comitments so I couldn't go this past weekend. I will definately be up for turns this weekend if SR is open. I don't care if it is only one WROD. If it is snow, I will go! :beer:

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Ehhh .. . I feel like I missed out a little, but I don't feel too bad about it.

Now if I lived in South Lake Tahoe, then I'd feel like I was really missing out:

Kirkwood:

P1010515.jpg

P1010522.jpg

djspookman

I don't feel like I missed out, I need to get some construction projects done around and on the house before winter, so I can stay out skiing longer! Fall is a better time to do said projects than the winter!

dave