• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Skiing State?

What's your favorite Northeast state for skiing?

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
Just having a little fun here. Feel free to reply with your favorite resort along with your vote! :D

A

Anonymous

favorite northeast ski state

My favorite Northeast state for "snowboarding" is Vermont. My husband and I anjoy staying at Smugglers Notch Resort in Vermont!

A

Anonymous

I like Jiminy Peak. I sometimes I only have half a day to go skiing and its the best place thats relatively close to home.

A

Anonymous

Killington rules it by far. Just stay away on the weekends and it's the best. Nothing like a Wednesday morning in March with bluebird skies looking down Outer Limits , while everyone else is at work... :beer:

A

Anonymous

Favorite Ski/Boarding State --> New Hampshire

I have to say New Hampshire.

Wildcat

Plus my ski club is there (cheap place to crash) www.ski-bees.com

A

Anonymous

Favorite Skiing State

Pennsylvania is my favorite for now. :lol: I have not been skiing in any other state (yet). :cry:

A

Anonymous

maine all the way

maine is the best state for boarding. by far. :) i like sugarloaf and sunday river.

by the way your results are a little screwed up, as far as i can tell. somehow new hampshire has 3 votes, although only 1 person has voted for it. :-?

Greg

Staff member
justagirl - You have to be registered to vote in this poll. :idea: Simply stating you vote for NH has no effect on the poll results. Similarly, you don't necessarily have to reply to the thread once you vote. To register click HERE. Then once you Login, you can come back to this thread and officially cast your vote! Have fun!

A

Anonymous

WITEFACE

New York is definitly my favorite.....WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN. It has the most vertical drop in the northeast...and it is definitly an advance skiiers heaven. I've skiied in other places :)...But i'll always come back to WHITEFACE:). :wink:

highpeaksdrifter

Re: WITEFACE

skibunny said:
New York is definitly my favorite.....WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN. It has the most vertical drop in the northeast...and it is definitly an advance skiiers heaven. I've skiied in other places :)...But i'll always come back to WHITEFACE:). :wink:

I think I'm in love with Skibunny.

Sparky

Most of the time I end up at Jiminy, I work there and it is only 16 miles away, and my wife likes it as well. However I picked Vermont mostly for the varity.

tree_skier

In the East how can it be anything but Vermont? With MRG, da bush, jay, stowe and K-mart, for the southern crowd magic, snow, stratton, Pokemo. Plus I live here. :beer:

dmc

tree_skier said:
In the East how can it be anything but Vermont? With MRG, da bush, jay, stowe and K-mart, for the southern crowd magic, snow, stratton, Pokemo. Plus I live here. :beer:

Unless your into back country stuff then it has to be New Hampshire...

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Not to be a snob, but I gotta go with Vermont

You could have Vermont split in to Northern Vermont and Southern

Northern Vermont (Smuggs, Stowe, Jay, the bush)
New York (Whiteface, Gore, Hunta, Belleayre)
New Hampshire(Cannon, Loon, Waterville, all the little local places...just great stuff)
Maine(The River, vener been to the loaf...probably the only place in the east I haven't been)
Southern Vermont(KMart, Okemo, Mount Stowe...you can keep Stratton)
PA(Elk, Blue Mountain, Montage, Jack Frost)

Not to dis Mass or CT, just never skiied there.

ctenidae

Skiing is a state of mind, and my favorite state.

I voted for NH though, because it's close and has plenty of variety, all within 2 hours of home.

Brettski

Website
weblogs.sqlteam.com
Yeah, I should bump Maine to #2 just for the ski quality...but there's nothing doing in Bethel...or there wasn't last time I was there...

It's just too far

8 1/2

yeah, yeah, wimp

But the river doesn't do much for families...it gets very expensive

dmc

Brettski said:
Yeah, I should bump Maine to #2 just for the ski quality...but there's nothing doing in Bethel...or there wasn't last time I was there...

It's just too far

8 1/2

yeah, yeah, wimp

But the river doesn't do much for families...it gets very expensive

I really need to get to Maine this year... :x