• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Guess the ski area

drjeff

Another one:

ry%3D400

Deer Valley off the Sultan Express??

skiNEwhere

I was originally just going to post the first pic, but I figured that would be too hard
loon1.jpg
loon.jpg

xlr8r

Ok, wtf....seriously? You're right. Would've you been able to get that if I just posted the neighborhood photo?

The satellite photo gives it away, as you can see the Olympic bobsled run. But the other photo made me think of it as well, not many HS quads built across the street from suburbia.

whitefaceoscar

Wrong continent ;)
It's actually Gran Sasso-Campo Imperatore less than 90 minutes (80 miles) from Rome, Italy. Not nearly as big as the alps, but the Plateau is at nearly 2,000 m and right beneath the Apennines tallest peak. You can get some spectacular scenery up there, and it is know to be the coldest place in Italy. It's also incredibly easy to get to right off the main highway crossing to the adriatic.