• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I need some awnsers about bindings

dmartinelli

Hi my name is Dominic and I am a senior at Niskayuna High School. I am enrolled in an engineering cap stone course. I have been put in a team and we have to come up with a problem to try to solve. Our problem statement is, don’t you hate it when the brake on your ski binding breaks. To go forth with this problem I need to see if it is a problem for other people too. It would help me a ton if you would be kind enough to fill out this survey so that I can gather information to move onward with this problem.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/skiing

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Mine broke last year. lost my ski at Wachusett and it ran all the way down the hill into a tree.

Basically it doesn't pop down anymore into the braking position, it just stays parallel with the skis, even on emergency yard sales.

dmartinelli

looking for some info on bindings...please help

Hi my name is Dominic and I am a senior at Niskayuna High School. I am enrolled in an engineering cap stone course. I have been put in a team and we have to come up with a problem to try to solve. Our problem statement is, don’t you hate it when the brake on your ski binding breaks. To go forth with this problem I need to see if it is a problem for other people too. It would help me a ton if you would be kind enough to fill out this survey so that I can gather information to move onward with this problem.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/skiing

twinplanx

while I have never broken the actual brake, I did once shear off the little heal tab that you step-in to allowing the brakes to disengage. This required some fumbling around to get the heal locked-in, a real PITA...