• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk Kryptons

Hawkshot99

Brian has wide feet. ;) They looked at his feet and didn't think he was a Krypton man. He's proven that he is. :D

I also have feet that don't appear to be Krypton feet but when I tried them on, I loved them. The ones I have now are a bit more of a performance fit than what I have now (and may not work in the end because of that; a little less than 1 finger's width behind my heel when shell fit) but I was feeling like I wanted a closer fitting boot than what I have now in my Olympia Beasts. We'll see how it goes next season. ;

I have tried them on many of times, wanting them to fit. But always disappointed.:cry:

I have tried them on many of times, wanting them to fit. But always disappointed.:cry:

I tried the original flexon back when I was bumpin all the time...they gave me shinbang. I've had my feet in the Krypton and the Il Moro...both give me shinbang flexing them indoors at room temperature...regardless of which liner is in them.

Hawkshot99

Since the Krypton came to market I have wanted them, but they are too narrow for my feet.

I was looking at the 09-10 store literature we got in, and there is 2 new boots to the series. The Voodoo, and the Blender. Both of these are 103mm lasts! There is very little info in the literature the companies give you so I know almost nothing about them other than last and what they look like.

Anybody have more knowledge on them for me? The flex is listed as "vario". How tall is the area for the foot? I always struggled to get the tongue down all of the way. What is the difference between the Voodoo, and the Blender? The only thing I could see was the Blender is rated for a higher speed, and looks(plus price).

I was going to buy new liners for my Nordica Ignitions, but these have me VERY interested!

Philpug

Since the Krypton came to market I have wanted them, but they are too narrow for my feet.

I was looking at the 09-10 store literature we got in, and there is 2 new boots to the series. The Voodoo, and the Blender. Both of these are 103mm lasts! There is very little info in the literature the companies give you so I know almost nothing about them other than last and what they look like.

Anybody have more knowledge on them for me? The flex is listed as "vario". How tall is the area for the foot? I always struggled to get the tongue down all of the way. What is the difference between the Voodoo, and the Blender? The only thing I could see was the Blender is rated for a higher speed, and looks(plus price).

I was going to buy new liners for my Nordica Ignitions, but these have me VERY interested!

We will be carrying the Voodoo next year, these are loosely based on the Axion series. The Blender is the big brother to the Voodoo. I don't have my catalog here but I can get you what particulars you want later today.

Trekchick

I picked these boots up for Terry and am happy with the way the transaction went down but I have a question about the boot appearance.

Terry's original Il' Moro's are clear black, which are kinda see through with a dark appearance,
The boots we got from eastcoastpowderhound are clear clear.
I was not aware that they made two different color choices in that year. Any one know about this?

Philpug

If I recall, an early run were a slightly different pigment.

Philpug

I got them in Feb of 07...so they were an early production run.

I have a pair of the early run ones too, my son is now skiing them, I have been in the IL Moro T (Gummy Bears) since January, a beefier shell than the regular IL Moro.

Trekchick

Terry came from crappy rear entries so even though the early Il'Moro is softer, it is a lot stiffer than what he was skiing. Glad to finally have him happy in a boot that is not rear entry!

Damato

I've had Krypton Cross since '05-06 season. Shells are doing OK and hated to part with them. I am on 2nd day of new Intuition liners. My feet are sweating something fierce. I wear ultra thin Smart Wools exclusively. Anyone else experience this?

Hawkshot99

I've had Krypton Cross since '05-06 season. Shells are doing OK and hated to part with them. I am on 2nd day of new Intuition liners. My feet are sweating something fierce. I wear ultra thin Smart Wools exclusively. Anyone else experience this?

My feet sweat bad in any boot that I wear, any sock.

deadheadskier

Staff member
the overlap of your liner is incorrect, should be inside-in, not outside-in.

better late than never.

had them remolded today. Never really had much of a complaint with fit around the leg, but I felt the need for a slight bit more room in the toebox.

they feel great.

Trekchick

How sad is it that I looked at this pic on Bviberts facebook page and immediately thought.......
Hmmm, both of those guys are wearing Kryptons
15729_1403784423568_1501085519_1012169_3485252_n.jpg

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You should see the CT AZ crew together... or even the mod condo at Sugarloaf. :lol: Lot of Kryptons there!

BTW, yours are faring well. :D

Trekchick

So you know, I dropped down a full size this year to a one finger fit and had my toe box ground out in the new boots. It was a looong process, but it ended up being the best fitting boot I've ever had and I'm noticing the performance in a huge way.
The boot guy laughed at the pile of grindings he got out of my boots and put them in a bag to show me.

Philpug

So you know, I dropped down a full size this year to a one finger fit and had my toe box ground out in the new boots. It was a looong process, but it ended up being the best fitting boot I've ever had and I'm noticing the performance in a huge way.
The boot guy laughed at the pile of grindings he got out of my boots and put them in a bag to show me.

Looks like a good count :-o

bvibert

Staff member
How sad is it that I looked at this pic on Bviberts facebook page and immediately thought.......
Hmmm, both of those guys are wearing Kryptons
15729_1403784423568_1501085519_1012169_3485252_n.jpg

Yup, lots of Kryptons in our crew. :D

That's funny that you noticed in that pic though..