• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

most hiked mt in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
tucks isn't really a summit though ;) the TRT has one thing against it that monadnock doesn't: a lot of people bag any mount washington hiking when the weather is bad. but more people hike to tucks in the winter than climb monadnock, so that could be a factor as well...

Mike P.

True but the NH Ph only was asking about trails.

There probably is a urban or suburban trail that might count. The summit of the Zugspitze, the highest point in Germany is just 15-30 feet away from the Observation deck. That observation deck is reach by people who leave town via trails, tram & train. If you count that little trail, it would be in contention. If I remember right the Crawford Path does go to the Summit of Mt. Washington (as part of the AT from the Webster Cliff Junction) so train & car tourist are just walking that little bit on the C-path. The Trinity Heights Connector then goes from the Summit to it's terminus at the junction of the Gulfside, a distance I believe of just .1 making it (I think) the shortest trail in NH) the THC was only established so the AT could go over the summit of Washington. Previously it went from C-Path to Gulfside to Osgood which meant that before the THC only Madison & Pierce were the only summits in the Preseidentials the AT crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.