• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Boots: Dalbello Krypton Cross I.D.

bvibert

Staff member
What does having the bottom buckle flipped like that do?

my BOSS have same, for park rats so they don't catch the buckle on rails or grabs PLUS it looks epicly radical.

Sounds like my buckles are fine the way they are for me!

Will we see you on the rails this year testing the buckle out?

I catch my buckle on the backside of moguls or when I fall all the time, and it pops open. It's more of an annoyance than anything else, though one of mine it got bent up from being loose and sometimes starts to unscrew when it's flapping around. I know of at least one person that lost their buckle altogether. If you search the net you'll find plenty of people that reversed the buckles on their older models for that same reason.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Mine just fall out if I turn the boot upside down a shake it a little.

same

Hope you enjoy them Nick. I'll give the Pros I ride a solid B grade. I'm not sold that going with the three piece shell as opposed to traditional overlap is right for me. But, the boots are in great shape, so they'll probably be what I use for at least a couple more seasons.

powhunter

I catch my buckle on the backside of moguls or when I fall all the time, and it pops open. It's more of an annoyance than anything else, though one of mine it got bent up from being loose and sometimes starts to unscrew when it's flapping around. I know of at least one person that lost their buckle altogether. If you search the net you'll find plenty of people that reversed the buckles on their older models for that same reason.

Wow I have the same older crosses as well...Just about every run by bottom buckle unbuckles and twists....looks like a quick fix

Steveo

bvibert

Staff member
Wow I have the same older crosses as well...Just about every run by bottom buckle unbuckles and twists....looks like a quick fix

Steveo

I was going to swap mine around, but IIRC it require drilling a new hole for the catch on the side. I wasn't too keen on drilling holes into my (then) new boots. Might have to revisit that now that they're a few years old.

I thought you got rid of the Kryptons and went back to your old boots?

bvibert

Staff member
same

Hope you enjoy them Nick. I'll give the Pros I ride a solid B grade. I'm not sold that going with the three piece shell as opposed to traditional overlap is right for me. But, the boots are in great shape, so they'll probably be what I use for at least a couple more seasons.

Regardless of the boot design he'll notice a big difference in a properly fitted boot.

powhunter

I was going to swap mine around, but IIRC it require drilling a new hole for the catch on the side. I wasn't too keen on drilling holes into my (then) new boots. Might have to revisit that now that they're a few years old.

I thought you got rid of the Kryptons and went back to your old boots?

Old boots got blown out last year...Never got rif of them...Tweaked them a bit and they felt ok yesterday....

Steveo

bigbog

If those are the Dalbello version of Intuitions Nick, think you get those heated a little, put some sort of hard casing over your toes = squishes the liner out, especially in the toebox and heel. At least that's how people go about Intuitions in AT boots....fwiw. Everything packs out a bit, then forms... Congrats....your feet are now in the present.....

bvibert

Staff member
If those are the Dalbello version of Intuitions Nick, think you get those heated a little, put some sort of hard casing over your toes = squishes the liner out, especially in the toebox and heel. At least that's how people go about Intuitions in AT boots....fwiw. Everything packs out a bit, then forms... Congrats....your feet are now in the present.....

Yeah, the ID liners are Intuitions. I'm sure Pete at Suburban molded them to his feet and used the toe caps, he did when he molded mine.

Madroch

All you krypton snobs... :wink: loved the even deep flex even on my unber soft rampage (just didn't fit-too wide for my AAA feet), nor did the pros when I tried them (wide again)-- although they weren't the Intuition liner :(.

Glenn

I'm in new boots as well. After a few days on them..I find it's more about the fit vs what type of boot you're in. Sure, it plays a part, but not as big as having a properly sized and adjusted/fitted boot. What a difference.