• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saturday after Christmas

The Sneak

Any damage reports? Trying to figure out where to ski Sat 12/27

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

Would also appreciate any first hand reports

Snow reports are looking rough.
Cannon down to 33 trails, Sugarbush lost 30 trails, Pico went from 100% to 14 trails. Wildcat from almost 100% down to 11 trails. K lost all the fun stuff on Bear Mountain. Not quite as bad as last year's December melt though. Southern VT seems to have really dodged a bullet. Okemo looks to have lost nothing.

Take the weekend off.

Last edited:

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
Cannon down to 33 trails, Sugarbush lost 30 trails, Pico went from 100% to 14 trails. Wildcat from almost 100% down to 11 trails. K lost all the fun stuff on Bear Mountain. Not quite as bad as last year's December melt though. Southern VT seems to have really dodged a bullet. Okemo looks to have lost nothing.

Take the weekend off.

Will-Smith-Yelling-No-I-Am-Legend.gif

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It was still raining as far north as Stowe this Christmas afternoon. Wait and see what the reports look like in the morning. I'm sure all the areas will be making a full court press at snow making tonight and through the day tomorrow. However, you can only push out so much snow each day.

yeggous

Wildcat has yet to post a trail count, but they reported their snow stake is down from 32 to 26 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

Take the weekend off.

Can't do it, gotta get out somewhere!

And from the trail report it doesn't look like sugarbush lost the trails per se, looks like they closed them to preserve the snow. Don't know if it really makes a difference though

WWF-VT

Can't do it, gotta get out somewhere!

And from the trail report it doesn't look like sugarbush lost the trails per se, looks like they closed them to preserve the snow. Don't know if it really makes a difference though

Natural snow trails are locked up frozen snow. The snow guns are on a bunch of higher elevation trails. Yesterday I skied Elbow at Mt Ellen which was not yet groomed and it was like skiing on a coral reef.

xwhaler

Id like to think trail counts will rise throughout the day today and this wknd as the warmish sun works its magic

deadheadskier

Staff member
http://skiwildcat.com/snow-report.html

Pretty honest and terrible snow report from Wildcat. I was thinking of heading up there Sunday, but we'll have to see how(if!) things soften in the next couple of days to make it worth it. Personally, I think they're crazy charging full Holiday rates for basically 2 trails from the mid-mountain and the beginner area. Not that the weather they have been handed is their fault. I just know if I spent $75 on that, I'd feel a little ripped off.

mriceyman

At least the base is still there.. Just gona need temps for snowmaking to come back

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

We were at Bretton Woods on Christmas and the base held up well. Ungroomed was soft and heavy. Any natural terrain took a beating. Driving by Cannon - the front trails, Mittersill and Cannonball got whacked. Anything with snowmaking survived but will probably be boiler plate after tonight.

yeggous

At Bretton Woods right now. Groomers are skiing really well. Wet loose granular over frozen granular and freshly groomed this morning. Only exception is Bode's Run which had death cookies the size of grapefruit on top of a sketchy surface and they closed that mid morning. Natural trails range from sketchy to gone. Less is open than the snow report indicates as ski patrol is closing down trails.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
We were at Bretton Woods on Christmas and the base held up well. Ungroomed was soft and heavy. Any natural terrain took a beating. Driving by Cannon - the front trails, Mittersill and Cannonball got whacked. Anything with snowmaking survived but will probably be boiler plate after tonight.

Damn, I generally prefer Cannon to Bretton but sounds like Bretton might be a better choice for tomorrow...

rocks860

Anyone know how magic is looking? A friend is heading there tomorrow but if it's terrible Id rather not waste my time