• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowing in Colorado

thetrailboss

Staff member
Coming soon to a ski area (near me):

The Forecast for Alta/Snowbird from NOAA:

Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers after midnight. Snow level 11400 feet lowering to 9900 feet after midnight . Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Breezy, with a south wind 17 to 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Wednesday Snow. High near 48. South southwest wind 13 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday Snow showers likely, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Thursday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.

Friday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.

Friday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.

:beer:

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Well, it certainly has been a long time (my first post in nearly 3 years, methinks)!

A photo of my office (Ski Cooper) from yesterday morning:

1235020_10151902616386967_1172882010_n.jpg

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
[thread derail]

Welcome back BMM!!

You still pursuing studies with the Church?

No - I left the seminary after Easter. Had the best two years of my life there, but after a lot of prayer and seeking wise counsel, I discerned that the priesthood is not my vocation. So here I am, back in Colorado, back in the ski industry! Full circle, you might say. I'm still quite involved with the Church; I'm organist for a Latin Mass parish in Littleton, and still make visits back to the seminary when I can (went back to play the organ for ordinations in June, and plan to visit again in November). As I explained to someone recently, entering seminary was the best decision I ever made, but leaving was the right decision also.

Thanks for the welcome back.

[/derail]

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
[thread derail]

No - I left the seminary after Easter. Had the best two years of my life there, but after a lot of prayer and seeking wise counsel, I discerned that the priesthood is not my vocation. So here I am, back in Colorado, back in the ski industry! Full circle, you might say. I'm still quite involved with the Church; I'm organist for a Latin Mass parish in Littleton, and still make visits back to the seminary when I can (went back to play the organ for ordinations in June, and plan to visit again in November). As I explained to someone recently, entering seminary was the best decision I ever made, but leaving was the right decision also.

Thanks for the welcome back.

[/derail]

Interesting. A very good friend of mine, (was even a groomsman at my wedding) is in seminary now. It's not my cup of tea but I respect everyone's desire to do what they want.

I always thought it was fun to have a friend in the seminary because I could ask him all the things I never felt comfortable asking a real priest ("Can you really not look at women?"), etc.

He's been in it for a long time now .. it feels like several years.

bruno1

All those pics look great, this is one reason we should have a west coast summit..... SNOW!!!!!

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I always thought it was fun to have a friend in the seminary because I could ask him all the things I never felt comfortable asking a real priest ("Can you really not look at women?"), etc.

:lol: Ah yes... the question we've all heard a hundred times. A wonderful priest (and avid skier, I might add) gave a retreat for the seminarians last September. He relayed a great anecdote from his seminary years, along these lines: "An old and wise Irish priest from the seminary was in the car with several of us seminarians once. As we were driving through town, a beautiful girl was crossing the street. No one knew what to do, with Father in the car. But sensing the awkwardness, he said (in his finest brogue), 'Gentlemen, if ye don't look once, yer no man. But if ye look twice, yer no priest.'" Wise words, I think.

snowmonster

Great to hear from you, BMM. When I was younger, I thought I had a calling but, after some discernment, decided that the priestly life was not for me. I admire you for your courage and commitment. I am glad to know that you were happy in the seminary but I'lm happier to know that you made the right decision. I guess you have another calling in life. I wish you happiness and contentment.

Meanwhile, go shred some of that Colorado pow for us!