• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

Pres week is usually not very crowded, nothing like Xmas week. Not everyone has it off. 2nd weekend will be busier as VT and NH start their vacas

cdskier

Saturday to Sunday is all you need...the entire week is not in general overly busy as like tumbler said, not a lot of people have off the entire week.

WinS

Our record days used to come on the Holdiays. As I recall our record day was one MLK Sunday. But with the Ikon Pass that has changed. The majority of Ikon passes are base passes. Looks like a few more inches tonight. Next week has traditionally been a busier than normal week but not what we would consider crowded with everything open.

bumpcrasher

Speaking of crowd avoidance....how are the lifts at Mt. Ellen looking this weekend??
Any progress on getting NorthRidge fixed?
Does Inverness have any hope of running this season??

Lotso

Speaking of crowd avoidance....how are the lifts at Mt. Ellen looking this weekend??
Any progress on getting NorthRidge fixed?
Does Inverness have any hope of running this season??
Inverness scheduled to run today...how fast it runs and for how long is the question. NRX, too. Fingers crossed

slatham

The foot is at the summit. Not a false number, but not representative of what the majority of he mountain got. You can toggle between base and summit on the web site and see the difference in accumulation. Of course the written report will mention the max.

mikec142

I skied at SB yesterday and today and will be there tomorrow as well. Stayed at LP both days so far. Saturday, I woke up to 2" on my car and it snowed hard in the AM but then tapered off and went blue around noon. I thought the conditions were as good as they've been all season (or at least the days I've been there this season). Interestingly, there was a stealth groom of both Castlerock Run (both upper and lower) and Middle Earth on Friday night. I went up hoping for a soft layer of powder on some rock hard bumps and was stunned to find the groomed runs. I did a few laps on both trails as I've never skied them groomed in my life. Run of the day for me was Lower Castlerock Run...lotsa powdery stashes on the sides of the trail to go along with the groom. Plus the liftie was playing John Hiatt's "Slow Turning" album in it's entirety and it's strong from top to bottom. Had a nice chat with the liftie about Hiatt. Today was colder and pretty windy. Flurried for a bit on and off. Run of the day was Birch...especially skiers left. Lapped it a couple of times and did some fun GS turns in the soft stuff on skiers left. Also enjoyed the bottom half of Morning Star.

I've come to realize that ~20k of vert is where I top out. I keep thinking I could do more (I definitely have the time to do more) but I recognize that I'm pretty beat at that point.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I skied at SB yesterday and today and will be there tomorrow as well. Stayed at LP both days so far. Saturday, I woke up to 2" on my car and it snowed hard in the AM but then tapered off and went blue around noon. I thought the conditions were as good as they've been all season (or at least the days I've been there this season). Interestingly, there was a stealth groom of both Castlerock Run (both upper and lower) and Middle Earth on Friday night. I went up hoping for a soft layer of powder on some rock hard bumps and was stunned to find the groomed runs. I did a few laps on both trails as I've never skied them groomed in my life. Run of the day for me was Lower Castlerock Run...lotsa powdery stashes on the sides of the trail to go along with the groom. Plus the liftie was playing John Hiatt's "Slow Turning" album in it's entirety and it's strong from top to bottom. Had a nice chat with the liftie about Hiatt. Today was colder and pretty windy. Flurried for a bit on and off. Run of the day was Birch...especially skiers left. Lapped it a couple of times and did some fun GS turns in the soft stuff on skiers left. Also enjoyed the bottom half of Morning Star.

I've come to realize that ~20k of vert is where I top out. I keep thinking I could do more (I definitely have the time to do more) but I recognize that I'm pretty beat at that point.
During my time (2000-2011) they would groom those two runs in CR less than a handful of times in a season, conditions permitting. Usually to kind of "reset" things.

Lotso

Really nice out there today, just too many very bad skiers on blue-square runs...what I get for skiing on a holiday, i guess.

SB was the carnival ride it always is, and rode Inverness to stay in the sun, but man, it is SLOW, though better than nothing I guess. North Lynx chair really needs to go...and people need to learn how to get on and off the chair...stopped 4x on the ride.