• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

No one said that they were not going to groom it for the rest of the year. I just think they heard the bitchin and wanted to have some fun with it. I bet they will groom it next week or something like that. Just speculating. either way if they do or not I am fine with it. There is always Spring fling and snowball for a groomer.

ThatGuy

I wish more mountains would groom less…its cool to have a trail with whales on it all season, keeps things interesting

KustyTheKlown

with a full week of round the clock >32 temps, the 'keep the whales' crowd seems to have had the more prudent position with respect to season longevity

Lotso

Really fun out there today. Soft surface with firm but not icy base. Domino, LDomino, even under Bravo below Stein's were a hoot. Stein's was very nice skier's right...didn't venture onto the whales, but plenty of people were fooling around with them. Jester and even upper Jester (where it cuts off above Allyn's) wer excellent, and Ripcord was fantastic. 70's the end of the week will do a number on the natural snow trails (Spills may survive) but the rest should make for a great weekend.

Kingslug20

Hmm...think I'll hit Sb tomorrow..then Stowe wednesday...then I'm out of here again ..so I'll miss Stowe closing. :(

Hawk

So the Whales actually have nothing to do with preserving snow. They blew that trail for like 2 weeks. There will be 20 feet of snow on it when they finally groom it out which will last far past the closing date of May 1. Also, I heard, that one of the winches on one of the winch cats broke. So they made a decision to winch Ripchord nightly instead of using the winch for 2 straight nights doing Steins.

I will ski in May and beyond and I like Stiens. No problem either.