• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wanted: 2 Pairs of Identical 190's GS skis

koreshot

Looking for 2 pairs of 185-190 cm GS skis from the mid 1990's. Same skis would be the best... Thanks!

Porter

Interesting WTB. Can you explain?

Not a perfect match, but I'll throw it out there anyway:
I know someone that might be willing to let his 190cm Atomic 9'20 GS skis go, with 14 DIN atomic binders. But that is only 1 pair. The skis were made in 2000, a bit out of your date range.

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
Interesting WTB. Can you explain?

Not a perfect match, but I'll throw it out there anyway:
I know someone that might be willing to let his 190cm Atomic 9'20 GS skis go, with 14 DIN atomic binders. But that is only 1 pair. The skis were made in 2000, a bit out of your date range.

I appreciate the offer, but the reason I'm looking for that vintage is because I'm looking for a near straight ski, little or no side cut. I'm looking to drill these beasts together and make some mega pow skis. Don't really need binders, have some old vice grips from the race days. Hopefully they'll be invincible. Once these prototypes are built, we've got some old p50's that will be the real foray into quad pow ski pairs.

koreshot

I appreciate the offer, but the reason I'm looking for that vintage is because I'm looking for a near straight ski, little or no side cut. I'm looking to drill these beasts together and make some mega pow skis. Don't really need binders, have some old vice grips from the race days. Hopefully they'll be invincible. Once these prototypes are built, we've got some old p50's that will be the real foray into quad pow ski pairs.

Ah, the "identical" requirement should have given your plan away. Out of curriosity how do you plan on keeping the skis together? It would have to be a number of perpendicular ties to allow the skis to flex naturally I take it. You don't have to tell me if its a secret. Asymmetric binding mounting a la Pow +?

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
Ah, the "identical" requirement should have given your plan away. Out of curriosity how do you plan on keeping the skis together? It would have to be a number of perpendicular ties to allow the skis to flex naturally I take it. You don't have to tell me if its a secret. Asymmetric binding mounting a la Pow +?

Those thoughts have all crossed my mind. Have yet to decide if we want the skis flexing independently or just screwing the whole shebang together and making it one board...

koreshot

Those thoughts have all crossed my mind. Have yet to decide if we want the skis flexing independently or just screwing the whole shebang together and making it one board...

It would be really interesting if they flexed independently, which would require asymmetric mounting I guess. If you tie them together, you might come up with a straight version of the 190cm Pow +. Either way, its a totally worthwhile experiment, you guys might be on to something good.

NYDrew

there is this guy who skiis at labrador ny with his son. they make their own skiis from scratch. check the lab forum, he has pictures and contacts there.

i met him in person a few times, very friendly, would totally help you along.

i think this would be more fun then lashing two skiis together

either way good luck