• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend thread - Easter

snowmonster

Friday: half day of work then church services in the afternoon and night
Saturday: ski at Loon until the afternoon then church services at night
Sunday: brunch, walk around the Seaport then early evening cocktails

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Saturday :start new car hunt/test drives scheduled it'll be an AWD wagon/suv style
Sunday : Easter mass , turkey dinner rather than traditional ham , connect with family

We ended up getting a Ford Edge AW a few weeks ago. It's actually way nicer than I ever expected them to be.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sunday: brunch, walk around the Seaport then early evening cocktails

Nice! The Seaport is a nice area. When I used to work for Suffolk Construction I was a project manager on the Park Lane Seaport project (right across from Jimmy's Harborside, or where it used to be anyway). I used to love that area after work.

hammer

We ended up getting a Ford Edge AW a few weeks ago. It's actually way nicer than I ever expected them to be.
They looked pretty nice when we were in the market...only 3500 lb tow capacity though so we were concerned about towing a heavier pop-up camper with it. Good that it's working out for you.

Do they have the MyTouch system and if so how is that working out?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
They looked pretty nice when we were in the market...only 3500 lb tow capacity though so we were concerned about towing a heavier pop-up camper with it. Good that it's working out for you.

Do they have the MyTouch system and if so how is that working out?

Yeah it has the my touch. It works well, they just did a system update to it and its now much quicker and a little more intuitive. A couple quirks but overall it works well. I never use the voice command features....

Warp Daddy

Edge is a nice vehicle Nick , We're looking at and really like a Toyota Venza XLE AWD leather heated seats , MR , auto lift tailgate and a whole buch of other nice goodies , but will also look at loaded, RAV 4 LTD AWD, Kia Sorrento and Hyundai Santa Fe AWDs , Also Outbacks and maybe that Honda Crossover or Crosstour AWD hatch altho the cubic storage capacity doesn't measure up to all the vehicles previously mentioned . Gotta have ROOOM for ski crap , golf crap and other crap :D:D and MUST HAVE heated leather seats ( My ass has been pampered by Saabs since the mid-80's so these are a MUST have

Warp Daddy

With you warp on car, dreading it, doing net search now. AWD wagon or sedan, no SUV. Hubby wants practical I want sexy and fun :). I swear the extra $ is worth it.

Go for it SFE -- i agree $$ R worth it if yer AZZ is comfy :D:D

--- been scrimpin ,savin ,n'investing and educating me and the queen and the kiddz for over 30 yrs ---so dammit NOW - finally Lord------------IT IS MY TIME and da Queens ' "Laissez le bon temps rouler" :D:D

To me THIS car hunt is SPORT , damn i LOVE it -- da Queen thinks ( Hell make that KNOWS ) i'm nutz!!

Best of luck in your hunt and don't