• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Would Be Your Perfect Ski Day?

2Planker

Week Day
10" of fresh Pow
20 degrees at 5:30
Pot of Coffee, w/ Eggs (over easy) + toast
Trail check at 7am
Sunny, light wind, daytime high of 35-40
Not too crowded
Empty by 3:30
Solo run home for Sweep
Boots off @ 4:45 w/ a "Frosty Cold One" in the locker room
Home by 5:30
Relax in the Hot Tub w/ another "Frosty"
Homecooked meal by the fabulous chef/wife
Take the dogs for an evening stroll
Watch a little tube / Surf the web
In bed by 10:30

Repeat the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day

2 Days Off

Sasquatch

Getting all that snow and the lifts are actually open to ski ! Usually the day after a storm is windy and summit lifts are down.Get off the lifts, duck into the woods,puff,puff,ski,ski.

stovepipe

You wake up and the smell of bacon and pancakes fill the hut. Stoke the wood stove with a couple of logs. Over breakfast go over the map and plan the days route. With out a word everyone starts into the morning gear up ritual. Meet outside someone goes around and checks all our beacons.The mornings first climb ,lots of chatter and ripping on each other about last nights antics. Soon you all spread out and settle into your own pace. Regroup before the final summit. Get to the top ,eat a snack sip on some hot tea and take in the view. Skins come off==Boots buckled.
Yipee!!! JC

Sky

Wow....perfect eh?

Hmmmm....a long uncrowded bluebird day with ski pals, followed by beer on the deck...short drive to wherever.

Sign me up.

Warp Daddy

Blubird day AFTER major dump
Friends or family
ski til our buns fall off
BEER and Brats and other comfort food afterwards
sit around a roaring fireplace at teh cottage / cabin / condo in and Drink , Fart and tell BULLSHIT stories till teh wee hrs

Get up early next am and start it all over again on the first chair :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
First off, I am a big believer that true perfection does not exist. And as far as skiing goes, I have had several great days but will never call any ski day perfect, in the past or in the future.

But if I could imagine it, it would begin with a massive storm that shuts down the lifts on Monday and continues into Tuesday. Said storm would cause tremendous travel difficulty for metro skiers limiting the already limited amount of mid-week vacation taker skiers. I would do the normal 40 minute drive in two hours and have enough time to make first chair without worry. From there... it is two to three feet of fresh with refills on a substantial base without competition. Ski open to close only stopping for a quick bite to eat up top and finish up with a beer in the Peabody Station at 5p when I finally get back to the lodge from last run.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
while i love bluebird days after a storm. my all time favorite is when the mountain is socked in snowing hard. then when you get into the trees everything goes silent except the sound of snow falling and branches thwacking on your helmet. each run just keeps getting better as the snow falls.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Late March, bluebird day following a two foot dump, 25 degrees out with no wind, 6 foot base in the woods.....Mansfield. Storm happens over night in single digit dry dry dry weather.

I like the idea of mid-winter conditions/weather in late march where light/shadows aren't as difficult to manage for late afternoon turns. Keeping the temp under 25 degrees would be key to help keep the snow dry all day long.

Finish the day with a run down the Bruce to the Matterhorn....have a couple of pops, back to the hotey for a power nap, nice dinner after with friends at Hen of the Wood, back to the Matterhorn to see the Nate Wilson Group

perfect

awf170

First off, I am a big believer that true perfection does not exist. And as far as skiing goes, I have had several great days but will never call any ski day perfect, in the past or in the future.

Don't you just want to go drive up to Ashland, NH and slap Riverc0il in the face with comments like this. :wink::p

gmcunni

warm, but not hot, sunny spring day at an empty mountain with a variety of terrain.

finished off with ice cold beers on the deck, soaking in the sun, after a long day of hard skiing.

bvibert

Staff member
while i love bluebird days after a storm. my all time favorite is when the mountain is socked in snowing hard. then when you get into the trees everything goes silent except the sound of snow falling and branches thwacking on your helmet. each run just keeps getting better as the snow falls.

Yes, I love the silence during a good snowfall and the refreshing freshies every run is nice too.