• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's everyone up to for Christmas week.

JimG.

Staff member
Ski Hunter 12/24-26, gotta work 12/27 + 28, back to Hunter for more skiing 12/29-1/1.

Holler if you're gonna be at Hunter and want to hook up any of those times.

Vortex

dmc said:
I'm friggin busy... :(

Have to rehearse 2 nights next week for a new years gig...

Going to see Robert Randolph Wednesday... Psyched for that...

Other then that - just ski everyday... :)

Nice Robert Randolph and ski and Make music does not sound that bad. :beer:

dmc

Bob R said:
dmc said:
I'm friggin busy... :(

Have to rehearse 2 nights next week for a new years gig...

Going to see Robert Randolph Wednesday... Psyched for that...

Other then that - just ski everyday... :)

Nice Robert Randolph and ski and Make music does not sound that bad. :beer:

It will be great...
But the reheasals kinda put a damper on any trips out of town to ski...

Greg

Staff member
Will just pop around to a couple of the local hills. This will be last week of skiing for a while...

SAB

Christmas week?

Way too crowded.

Will probably head to the backcountry most of the week. Maybe spend some time making snow and grooming at the local family hill as well. Start hitting the lift served again after New Years.

Merry Christmas to all :beer:

SAB

hammer

hammer said:
Overnight in North Conway, either two days at Cranmore or a day at Cranmore and another at Waterville. Hope to also head out on 2 January but not sure how that will work out...
Just thought of the possibility of going to Black Mountain one day next week, but the snow reports say that they're not open yet...what gives?

VB

Website
www.thetechcentrics.com
i was gona have to work on christmans day, but ow that Whalebacks opening the day after christmas, I wont have too 8) . Hopeing to go to Sunapee tomarrow though, any nice trails open yet? Ive skied there alot, just never early in the season.

Skierman

Im going to my friends house, who owns an Inn (http://www.theweyside.com) about 5 minutes away from Belleayre Mountain, and about a half hour from Hunter. So we should be going to both mountains, but Belleayre more. Then the day I get back to school (January 3) I have ski club so im going up to Wachusett that day.

Gonna ski a lot this season :lol:

JimG.

Staff member
Skierman said:
Im going to my friends house, who owns an Inn (http://www.theweyside.com) about 5 minutes away from Belleayre Mountain, and about a half hour from Hunter. So we should be going to both mountains, but Belleayre more. Then the day I get back to school (January 3) I have ski club so im going up to Wachusett that day.

You know the Weyside? I've been going there for years, both to fish in the Esopus Creek and to ski. I rented one of their cottages years ago as a seasonal rental for Hunter. I knew the old owners (Doris and Frank) for over 20 years. I'm not that familiar with the new owners, but they were very nice to us when we stayed there twice last Fall.

I'm glad they haven't changed the place. I just called there today to see if I could get a cottage for my family next week, but I called too late. They're booked :cry: .

Skierman

JimG. said:
Skierman said:

You know the Weyside? I've been going there for years, both to fish in the Esopus Creek and to ski. I rented one of their cottages years ago as a seasonal rental for Hunter. I knew the old owners (Doris and Frank) for over 20 years. I'm not that familiar with the new owners, but they were very nice to us when we stayed there twice last Fall.

I'm glad they haven't changed the place. I just called there today to see if I could get a cottage for my family next week, but I called too late. They're booked :cry: .

Oh yeah, thats so cool. Well, im friends with the owners daughter, so I went there last summer, and we went to ozzfest, Belleayre, some amument parks etc. OVerall, it's a great hotel run by great people.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Got in last night from a weeks vacation. 5 days in Killington and 2 days in Jay Peak. It was a good time. I'll get a report and some pics up as soon as I recuperate :)

skibum1321

First day back at work since the Thursday before Xmas. I was up in VT skiing at Smuggs for most of the week, although I took a few days off due to ncp and a very sore back. Skiing was awesome Friday when they picked up 6" after the r**n. I had runs of untouched pow in the woods. I had to make sure to stay away from those streambeds though, since they are definitely not frozen.